Tomorrow starts 1st Motorcycle vacation

c10

Registered
Since Covid 19 .. I have to work for a few hours early am , but kick stand up by 10 am heading out to Rockwall Tx 292 miles from home with 90% chance of rain , and thunderstorms . Plan to make a nice meal at my good friends place then catch some shut eye for a early Friday roll out to Arkansas . He has a nice figure 8 loop planned on Saturday in the Ozarks of about 300 miles . Sunday ride a little in Arkansas , and head back to Tx to stay at his place again . Then head home Monday morning 292 miles direct of 350 ish taking back roads . I'll probably take the back roads so my trip total will be close to 1200 miles . All packed , and ready to hit the road .
Go pro charged up to catch a few sweet roads , and I plan to share photos with you guys each day .

20210414_194258.jpg

Right bag is empty. Tail case is nearly empty it's for quick grab items or put gloves in. Tail bag has extra summer jacket , heated gear ,and gifts . Tank bag is for the .357 mag , and chargers. Left bag is my clothes , and air compressor.
It may sound like a silly question Bryan, but why take a .357 Mag with you?
Do you always travel armed?
Is it really that dangerous out there?
I can not imagine what it is like to carry a weapon . . . never have and hopefully never will.

It may sound like a silly question Bryan, but why take a .357 Mag with you?
Do you always travel armed?
Is it really that dangerous out there?
I can not imagine what it is like to carry a weapon . . . never have and hopefully never will.
It can be very dangerous in the US . Mostly larger cities , but weird stuff can happen anywhere .
Arkansas is a Open carry state . I like the J frame .357 for concealment , reliability , and when hiking with family a few rounds of Snake shoot for a couple of rounds in cylinder followed by three of the hard hitting stuff .
In my life time so far i've had to use a pistol more often than many police officers ( uniform aids them ) to prevent self harm / robbery / and harm to others by assaults' . Thankfully never had to shoot a person but its been close .
I believe all my friends also travel armed .

Since Covid 19 .. I have to work for a few hours early am , but kick stand up by 10 am heading out to Rockwall Tx 292 miles from home with 90% chance of rain , and thunderstorms . Plan to make a nice meal at my good friends place then catch some shut eye for a early Friday roll out to Arkansas . He has a nice figure 8 loop planned on Saturday in the Ozarks of about 300 miles . Sunday ride a little in Arkansas , and head back to Tx to stay at his place again . Then head home Monday morning 292 miles direct of 350 ish taking back roads . I'll probably take the back roads so my trip total will be close to 1200 miles . All packed , and ready to hit the road .
Go pro charged up to catch a few sweet roads , and I plan to share photos with you guys each day .
Living vicariously through you. I love the anticipation of a bike trip. Here in Ontario it will be a while yet, gov’t announcing further lock down measures today.
let us know how it goes!

Playing truck driver today . 53 degrees rain and fun . 18 wheeler stalled in Intersection. I worked the rig and driver used his fork lift to push it out of Intersection. Turning this with no power steering took all I had to make a 90 degree turn .
20210416_094152.jpg
20210416_102245.jpg
20210416_094152.jpg
20210416_102245.jpg
20210416_102358.jpg
20210416_102250.jpg

20210416_102358.jpg

20210416_102250.jpg

Hi. I was on my tractor and my 200 lbs rottweiler was with me. Dog starts barking, I look up about 100 ft down the trail comes this 500 to 600 lbs black bear. He was just walking slow, I call the dog back and the bear just keeps walking at us. I had my 380 with me but that would just pi// him off. He came about 35 to 30 ft of us then turned into the woods. It was like we were not even there. he made the dog look like a puppy.

Hi. I was on my tractor and my 200 lbs rottweiler was with me. Dog starts barking, I look up about 100 ft down the trail comes this 500 to 600 lbs black bear. He was just walking slow, I call the dog back and the bear just keeps walking at us. I had my 380 with me but that would just pi// him off. He came about 35 to 30 ft of us then turned into the woods. It was like we were not even there. he made the dog look like a puppy.
eastwood_young.width-800.jpg
Time for an artillery upgrade, I recon.

Back