Toggle switch options

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I'm making some changes to Midnight and need to install a toggle switch or 2. I still want then clean look, but need utility also. I have been reading all the info I can find on the PMR-50 Stealth Barswitch Kit and the MPS Horn Button-Air Shifter Control Harness. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do, but want to leave my options open. Which do you guys/gals think is better? Does the PMR-50 have 2 or 3-pole toggles? Or should I just go to Wally World and get a couple 3-pole toggle switches and be done with it? And by the way, I need to decide by tomorrow so I can get it. TIA.

go to walmart for toggles and install them in the left side hole of the tail fairing. no one will see them and its not to difficult to reach back and flip em while riding.

auto zone lighted switches in clear,blue,red with an alum. band around. they light when on. looks sweet. that is what i used, for HID and stealth

Dont forget about Radio Shack! They have lighted, unlighted, toggle, push button... you get the picture!

What ranman and TSgt said. Go to either Radio Shack or AutoZone and be done with it. I'm also in the process of installing an on/off switch for the HID.

here are a couple of pics of mine. the blue is the HID and the red is the rear running lights:D

DSCF0545.JPG

Which ever type you decide to choose make sure its a weatherproof type  or offers some type of weather proofing protection (boot cover), Ken.

my.02

Google for marine switches or go down to your local boat dealer service dept.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150676041 -->

Thanks for all the input so far, fellas. ranman, I like what you've done with your switches. If I did something like that I would probably make it a little more subdued (more in the panel). That would be the reason for the PMR setup. Ty, great point about making sure they are weatherproof.

pmrweb068001.jpg

or do like I did mine in the handlebar assembly. I have the ones above like bs posted. Love em. wish I had them on the right side too.

JD

Mvc_052s.jpg

or do like I did mine in the handlebar assembly.  I have the ones above like bs posted.  Love em.  wish I had them on the right side too.

JD
If you go with the one ICEMANN has just make sure you get a Micro toggle switch or you will have a hell of time trying to get it to fit, don't ask how I know.
biggrin.gif

if you call Jay (or whatever his name is) at PMR...talk to him about the different types of switches he has for the PMR-50......there are several types.
Momentaries.....standard...etc.
They also now ship the switches "out" of the unit, to make custom connections easier.

ok i screw up. when i installed my switches i never thought about water. yep i`m dumb. so now i need 2 warerproof switches or a replacewment set of panels. mine now have holes in them. if anyone has a set of panels or switches pm. me please. i never thought about it until Rhythm pointed it out.

Back