Red power toggle switch..

tmf2004

Registered
I was told by the mechanic when i got my tire installed that he said to keep the toggle switch in the 'on" position and turn the bike off with the key.. He said the switch can go bad over time..

So do i always keep it in the ''on" position when the bike is not in use?

I was always told to never turn the bike off with the key by MSF instructors... I wont ever use the key just because they said that. Cant hurt for the little extra effort?

Odd comment as it is a simple toggle switch with contact points. Not much to go bad on it and replacements are only a couple of bucks if they do go bad. I have had mine out on several occasions on different bikes...only thing you can really wear out is the plastic pin (in 30 years of riding never done that). I use both the switch and key depending on what is going on. Use either with confidence!

It does not make any difference how you shut the bike off. I like to use the toggle switch that way I do not have to remove my hands from the bars to reach and then turn the key. Also, as indicated above, this is how the MSF teaches it.

are you kidding...only reason i use that switch is as a kill switch in an emergency...always have...

Back