To the edge of space...

shortBoarder

on the pegs + into the sun
Donating Member
Registered
Cool video from a camera mounted on the external booster of the space shuttle covering launch, separation, and subsequent splashdown in the Atlantic.

It's a raw feed, so you'll likely want to skip over a bit (the entire fall to earth from separation is there, and it takes a while) and the video may take a few moments to load, but the launch, trip to the edge of the atmosphere, separation (really cool), and splashdown are pretty wild to watch.

Go here, and click on the solid rocket booster video.

cool.gif

Is it just me or does Mankind accomplish something, on occasion, that really makes us feel small and insignificant in Life's Grand scheme of things...

<!--EDIT|Devious
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152636326 -->

Is it just me or does Mankind accomplish something, on occasion, that really makes us feel small and insignificant in Life's Grand scheme of things...
most of mankind's goals are directed at accomplishing things that make us feel small and insignificant in Life's grand scheme. just say no
smile.gif

cool video though!

I wonder how much they'd charge to mount a seat, oxygen tank on there for me? That would beat ANYTHING at SIX FLAGS!!!

Very true..

What amazes me is how the cameraman holds on and still takes great shots..

Do they leave him in the sea or pick him up later..

Ireland.gif

That is just an awesome video. Any idea how I could go about downloading that whole thing for my Bandwidth challenged friends?

That is just an awesome video. Any idea how I could go about downloading that whole thing for my Bandwidth challenged friends?
Not sure on the Windows media files. If you go here, NASA has links to different video clips from the mission. The second SRB movie can be downloaded as a MPEG, but the other movies are all Windows Media + Real Player.

Back