Space Shuttle Columbia STS-107 and her Crew 2.1.03

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Space Shuttle Columbia disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sts107_crew_faces.jpg

Today is the anniversary of their great sacrifice for us. 2.1.03

Please stop and take a moment to remember and pray for them and the ones they left behind.

"To boldly go where no one has gone before"

:please:

I'm sure more than a few shuttle pieces are hidden in the back or garages, for the "Grandkids" some day. Amazing story. On any given launch a 1 in 400 chance of catastrophic failure. God Bless.

I was in Flower Mound Texas that day. Saw the contrails and heard the sonic boom. Very sad day for me, I will never forget.

Can remember being in school and them interrupting class to inform us of the disaster.

They were a special crew and now reside in a special place. RIP space explorers

To this day I still remember exactly where I was and where I was sitting when we go tthe news. Was a sad day for sure. RIP crew

i also remember where and what i was doing as with the first disaster which, by the way was Jan 28th. May they all rest in peace:please:

i also remember where and what i was doing as with the first disaster which, by the way was Jan 28th. May they all rest in peace:please:

I also remember the first one. I remember getting the phone call that something bad happened. We thought it was a joke until we walked in to the Commanding Generals office and saw the replays. Very somber sobering moment.

I don't know why but I always had a very personal sense of pride about the shuttles. I remember I went to lunch and the lady behind the counter told me what had happened. I remember them breaking in on the TV with the Columbia, and I was thinking not again. I was always very aware of how dangerous shuttle travel was but i thiink a lot of people took it for granted that everything would go perfectly. I use to tell people the shuttle is the single most complicated and difficult thing man has ever done.

Back