To beard or not to beard...

SnowBeltChamp

Registered
That is the question here...

I for one have never been able to handle having a beard for much longer then a month and never below my jaw line... for the first time I am actually going on my 5 week of growing and Im actually going a little lower then the jaw line for once as well...and Im just passing the super itchy faze... I made a pact to myself that I wont cut it till the very soonest my birthday Oct 30th... my question here is do any of you guys prefer to grow a beard over the clean cut look? And if so pictures world be cool as well !:thumbsup:

I've been told that I'm in trouble if I shave mine. :whistle:

I'm sure there's a pic of me somewhere, but my avatar Mii is a good likeness :laugh:

I grow one every chance I get b/c i hate shaving that much. The army doesnt let me grow them very often tho.....

my wife doesn't like my chin, i usually keep the beard trimmed up tho. going on something like 4 weeks no shave myself. i'll avoid trimming mine until halloween if you do... pix required. then onto no shave november

ok sounds good to me... this is my most recent picture in late Sept (about 3 weeks in)... I will take a new one Oct 31st as well if you want...

l_99605062cc334f7182b00bc7aa137322.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just in the process of growing in my winter beard. It makes a huge difference in cold weather riding comfort when the wind blows under the helmet :)

id like to grow one but I have a quarter sized balled spot that is as smooth as a babys butt. Its like the surface of Mars nothing will grow there.

Perhaps some Rogain will help?:poke:

I have a very similar problem on the other side of my face but it seems like the longer it gets the more I can comb the hair to kinda blend it all together... if that makes any sense.... and if anyone else wants to join out voyage of not shaving and feel like posting before and after pictures feel free too... the more the better ! :thumbsup:

For the last 15 years I always stop shaving at the end of September. It has become a superstitious ritual for me. I do not shave until I kill a deer. 2 years ago I shaved a few weeks before the rifle opener then broke my arm in 4 places. Did not kill a deer until January. My wife HATES this time if year.:laugh:

My wife won't let me shave mine. :laugh: I like it short though.

Last time I was clean shaven was during my time in US Marine Corps. :beerchug:

I have a very similar problem on the other side of my face but it seems like the longer it gets the more I can comb the hair to kinda blend it all together... if that makes any sense.... and if anyone else wants to join out voyage of not shaving and feel like posting before and after pictures feel free too... the more the better ! :thumbsup:

Are we talking about a beard comb over here? :poke::laugh:

I'm a gotee guy who only shaves once a week cuz I HATE IT!

CIMG0755.jpg

I'm a HUGE fan of facial hair on a guy...HUGE...keep growing it just because it makes me happy :poke:

:laugh:

I've worn a goatee and mustache since 2002 when I left the USAF. It has been lopped off only a couple of times and quickly regrown. It is nearing the length I had it at during the '08 Spring Bash. Unfortunately, the rest of my facial hair does not a good beard make. The whiskers on my cheeks are sparse and I only get dense growth at and below the jawline.

The itch happens because of the built up dead skin that is normally shed by using a razor. You need get a good scrub down to the skin under the beard every time you shower to avoid the itch.

Back