tis the season to freak out

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
aight. stead of my usual Christmas rant bout the commercialization or lack of religious attachment, I'd rather point out NOW, that you have to consciously REMEMBER to not allow yourself to get overly stressed during the holidays.

Seems there is too much to do, too much to buy, too much to eat, too many people to visit, and too little time to accomplish this in a less than hurried or maybe insanely unmanageable timeframe. Take a step back, remember why you enjoy life and realize you can't do everything. No one can. Try to relax, and set realistic expectations, designed to help you and your family be MELLOWER this year. Maybe spend more time getting to KNOW people you visit instead of the quick stop over, superficial "Hows it going?" and moving on to the next engagement. Double the time, cut the amount of trips in half - visit the rest NEXT YEAR.

Relax.

Don't worry if you don't get everything on your list purchased or recieved. It's just STUFF. Your family and friends are more important than STUFF. STUFF will always be there for you to buy later. Big freakin deal if you didn't get it or give it at Christmas. How bout giving a gift some OTHER time of year, just because you care? THAT, my friend, will leave a lasting impression.

so, please this winter, "Chill" literally, and don't let everyone ELSE that is getting all hot headed in the PS3 line, get to YOU, because YOU are in control of that. Better yet, skip the PS3 line and go have some 'nog with a freind.

Merry Christmas! Happy Pagenday! or whatever, but remember, this is the season to be stressed because you ALLOW yourself to be. Just say no to stress.

LIST YOUR CHRISTMAS STRESSES HERE AND GET THEM OFF YOUR BACK!

My biggest annoyance - not really stress - is people questioning my reality: "Why aren't you married?" "The holidays are tough on single people..." yeah, thanks for the reminder! hahahhahaa I have decent friends/family to be with on holidays.

CrossPoint%20Stress%20F.jpg

dude I feel ya!! I was just trying to figure out how I was going to visit everyone on thurs.

Thanks for the post!!!
beerchug.gif

+1 on the " Why are you single" part. But how can too much good home cooking can you eat be stressful? Heck the best part of the two upcoming holidays is the sitting around with friends and family and eating and bs'ing and just relaxing. I will agree on the gift part. For the most part it blows. But over all it is good family time.

oh the food is GREAT! Its the after gourging guilt and pressure to join a fitness club to work it all back off causing undo stress. Eat HALF as much as normal, which leaves room on the plate to try more variety

CHRISTMAS HAS BEEN CANCELED!!!!!
laugh.gif

SANTA.jpg

(VaBusa @ Nov. 21 2006,06:17) I wondered when you'd start your yearly rant
laugh.gif
yeah, well.... this years is way tame. guess I'm mellowing with age, just don't care, or lack the time to apply some good effort.
smile.gif

I figure Turkey day IS part of the holidays since the family visiting starts around that time. I don't know how real people do it. I dated a girl once from a divroced family and there were several other divorced segments, I forget how many but I think it was 20+... we went "visiting" and got about 15 minutes at each place over a two day period. It was quite silly overall, and we even missed a few. Pointless. Send a card.. chill by the fireplace instead!
biggrin.gif

(VaBusa @ Nov. 21 2006,09:17) I wondered when you'd start your yearly rant
laugh.gif
I have alrady started mine as well.

Great points WWJD.

This time of year is getting worse and worse every year. Last year places to shop opening up at 4am, this year 12:01 am on Friday. Give me a break!

My wife, mother in law and sister in law are all going out and joining the mobs of shoppers in Greenville, SC.

I start my rant every time they go and support the madness.

But this year, I will be enjoying a great start to the CHRISTmas season in the WNC/TN mountains, temps in the high 60's...

And I am going to the Gap!

Back