Tires: What is the verdict?

Maybe I forgot to mention I have the 99 (non Restricted) Busa. Capable of speeds over 300Kph (186mph). That tire might work well for those newer bikes, but I want a tire capable of 190plus...HAHAHA

I have the Mich Pilots I totally luv them. I have to saay they felt a bit slick this weekend when I was sweeping around a clover leaf :) I think it was cause they weren't quite scrubbed in hehe

What does running a 200 rear do to small radius turn handling? Certainly it gives more traction to an engine that needs it. But my concern is close handling, ie a chicane.

Thanx guys.

OEM on front, M/T msr1 on back, I like it. Better traction out of the hole than OEM(junk).

Lyle, improves there also.
Quite a bit rounder profile than any 190.

I'm getting new tyres next week.
I wanted to try the 207J but this tyre wasn't in stock at Dunlop (Holland)
The BT56J is a good tyre but it is hard to get it warm at low temps, but also not in stock.
So far the 2 recommended tyres by Suzuki..

Now I'm going to try the Pirelli Evo-corsa
Pirelli has got a special tyre for the Busa (witch has been used at the 12-our record (3043k = 253.63kph average), but again not available.
I will see how the normal Evo-corsa holds at high speed
But this tyre sure got good GRIP!

Thanx Omega...

I guess the next debate is about Michelin Pilot Sports or Dunlop D207's.

My Metzler MEZ3's are good. No complaints. But I'm always looking for that extra edge.

OkcBusa, Firstly no Busa is restricted, Secondly the speed ratings are for sustained speeds.

Thirdly, No-one is going to sustain over 300 clicks for miles - unless they are A) deaf or B) on a dyno.

(Fourthly!?)300KMH rating is good enough for quick blasts up to any thing a Busa is capable of.

Okc Change dealer,
If you call Suzuki they will confirm that there is a Dunlop for the BUSA,
It's the " Dunlop 207 zr J "
(J like in the bt56)

right now i have the azaro made by avon
It has a new feature called vbd witch is veriable tred harder in the middle softewr on the side
i like it it hooks up well but when its time for a new one i'm sold on the d207zr 200/50/17

The Dunlop 200/50ZR17 207ZR IS a "J" (Japanese) tire. It is the original spec tire that comes on the second fastest bike on the planet. It has a different casing construction that includes an extra steel belt to keep it together at extreme speeds. It is an acceptable replacement tire for the Bus, and I'm enjoying mine so much that I wish that I had thrown away the OE Slipstone when I bought my Bus new.

Sorry to burst your bubble busa_rob the Azaro is not a dual compound tyre, the technology you refer to is the VBD (Variable Belt Density) which is the contruction of the plys not the compound - The VBD design is why the Azaro is the lightest tyre this side of a racing slick.

The construction means the Azaro generates and retains less heat meaning Azaro's can run unbelieveably soft compounds and still obtain decent longevity.

Nice try though! :)

I am switching to pilots. The front OEM bridgestone does not inspire confidence.

So I will have a pilot on the front, and a dunlop 207 on the back, for a little while. The dunlop will soon be worn out and another pilot will go on the rear. I don't like running two brands at the same time but what can you do when the front outlasts the rear by a large margin.

I'm not convinced a 200 will improve matters for me, other than cost more, so I will likely go with a 190 rear again.

Back