Tire Concerns!

OB_BarryW.

Registered
I'm in the same boat, hoping to get one more 400 mile day in the twisties out of the original Bridgestones before the center is gone (currently has 1500 miles on it) and I go seal its fate at the dragstrip. Just from reading posts, I gather that for durability the tires rank Bridgestone BT56, Michelin Pilot, Dunlop D207 in order from best to worst. For grip, they rank Pilot & D207 equal and BT56 worse. My next set will be Pilots because I'm predominately a twisties rider with the occasional trip to the strip. If I ran at the strip every week I'd probably go with the BT56 just for longevity.

Booost - Go to:
http://www.schnitzracing.com/shoppingcart/item9.htm

The cost on them is $189

As for the Bridgestone, Michelin, etc. these are great tires for road racing or a ton of street use. Although you'll never see a Hayabusa run 1.40-1.50 60' times on any of those tires unless they let it down to 4lbs of air or something stupid, which of course will kill top end. With the Mickey I run around 15lbs of air and leave at the line at 6-7k and you'll never see my bike slip a bit!

I guess Im finally getting used to launching my bike. I've gotten so good that my tire is starting to disappear right before my eyes. Does anyone have a recommended tire for street and strip?

The M/T2 Is great good launches and hooks up great. Very soft compound so it won't last long butit is the price you pay for traction.

I have over a thousand miles on my M/T2 and it's still in good shape. Just put some air into when your driving on the street and let it out at the track or when your racing.

I have a kolleege (or how that is spelled) that is a mechanic for "KÃ¥gered-racing-team" in Top-Alcohol-Funny-Car (www.kagered-racing.com).

He said he could get me real good dragracing-slicks for my haya for about $230. They will only last for 200km on the street. But it's the real thing for the strip. I will ask him for the make (and other data) of theese tires If you are interested :)

FYI Boost the new Mickey Thompson 2 (Street Slick) hooks like a slick and last a lot longer. Currently in the Streetbike Shootout there were 4 guys last weekend that ran 7's on streetbikes with this tire! (68" Wheelbase, headlight, tailight, etc.) Not to mention in the turbo world you have Gary from Team Flint on his Hahns Turbo Hayabusa running low eights!

Besides tire wear - I'm still on the stock Bridgestones and my question is on tire pressure.
My dealer suggested 34/36 psi front/back whereas the manual suggests 42 psi on both.
What's everyone running (or did run) on the stock Bridgestones ???

Back