Tires & Chain

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey busa buddies, what are you running for tire replacement?

( My bike came with BT56's the rear tire was changed at about 4K miles with a BT010 which is gettin low now as well. The front is still the original with 9500 miles on it but needs changing soon. ) I like the BT010's and I have 1 more new rear and will probly buy a front 010 to match. Seems as though most everyone runs either those or D207's.

Next item, Chain seems to be stretched a bit as I am all most out of adjustment length. What would any of you recommend for chain replacement. ( I think I asked this a while back but couldnt find it... ) Thanks guys - Kent

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I really like the 207's, they stick like the originals but wear a lot better. 18k miles and I still have the original chain, go figure. Maybe it's because of no wheelies or burnouts. Hmmm...

Nothing beats Pilots...especially if you hit curves often. Rears wear fast though. Gonna run a Pilot Road rear or the new HPX. Very sticky and reliable.

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Just put some Shinko's on the front and back. Outstanding grip. Chain with your HP go with the zk gold or Dide ultar can not break them with 5 elephants

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Thanks Mike, Have just read an add for EK chains in SportRider mag and the test they ran was on a Busa, ofcourse they say their's is the best. Where can I find a ZK gold or Dide chain? Just local dealer? Hey and have fun ridin in FLA. - Kent

busabullet

Donating Member
Registered
I like the metzler MEZ4's they have outstanding grip in the curves, and they wear nice. Friend has Dunlop D-207, rear tire broke lose in curve and he went down.I run the gold chain had no problems.

bills_bike_2.jpg

boosa

Registered
Pilot's for me - only last about 5000km's (what's that about 3500 mile or somtin') but stick like soggy tissues heh heh
egitarre77.gif

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Thanks guys, Now any ideas on pulling the front tire off with no stand? ( I have a rear stand )
rock.gif

MET

The Watcher
Registered
I tried sa new set of tires in South Fl. Shinko's Best gripping tire that i have tried. Great for twists and straight.
bluegrab.gif

I like the metzler MEZ4's they have outstanding grip in the curves, and they wear nice. Friend has Dunlop D-207, rear tire broke lose in curve and he went down.I run the gold chain had no problems.
mets are good but my .o2 is , look at the profile here. pilots have a much rounder rear. I think performance is comparable but the mets look kinda like a car tire in profile wheras the pilots have the race look.

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Kent,
Here is what I recommend. Get both sprockets with the new chain. Second if you already have the BT010 then get that for the front. Let me know what you can get it at and I will see if I can beat it. If your getting it from the internet I probably cant but let me know. Same for the chain and sprockets.
As far as sticky tires I would have to say the rennsports (Metzlers) are the best tires I have had on the busa. The best all around tire (Mileage/ grip) has to go to the Michelin Pilot Sports! With almost 2k on them I took them to the track and the stuck like glue! Still good life in them. As far as the Dunlop 207's they are a thing of the past. Go with the D208's if liked them. The big change on the street now is a 190/55-17 rear tire for the big bikes. Giving the the quicker turn in of the 180 with a bigger tire patch. A couple of companies now have that out and the will be the tire I switch to on the next go around. Hope all this helps.

Marc "Howlin Mad"