tire

1127 TO 1299

Registered
My original BT56 is due for a change but the front is still good to bput another in the back so that the next time I would have to get both replaced.

I want to get the Metzeller Sportec M-1.

Should I get another BT56 until I replace both with Metzellers? or should I mix and match?

What is you opinion?

I'd wait. If you do mix, make sure the tire sizes are the same as they used to be. Switching compounds is bad because of the warm up times being different, not to mention other reasons. But if the tire sizes are different too, it will affect the steering geometry. Like sneakers, shirts and bra's, every tire makers sizes are a little off of each otehr, but not by much. Usually not enough to worry about.

I tend to agree w/epicrisis - I ordered a rear BT56 from SW Moto when I brought the bike home, no kidding. I know I'll wear the rear 2:1 to the front and I don't really like mixing brands or profiles. Thus, I'll switch to new rubber front and back at the 5-6K mark after I've dusted off two rear tires...

I have a Michelin sport hpx rear 200/50/17 & stock in front.
No diference just better grip on the back than the stock one.

I would use the BT56 and then next time, replace both with what you want. Something else will work fine when you mix and match you will just not know how it handles at optimum running.

It's O.K. to mix n match...
evil.gif

ok ... not ok

i guess it's ok

but better to wait

so i'll wait

thanks for your input

the reason i was asking is i called to order a BT56 and the guy told me:

'you don't wanna put that on your bike'

I'm like, well its the oem tire.

Not a sticky tire but good all around tire.

He proposed me the BT014, Metzeller Sportec M1 or the Avon

Replace them both now. And the new Pilot Power is supposed to be tits. Pirelli Diablos are supposed to be a killer tire too!

I was going to mix this week...Michelin Pilot Sport front and an IRC sport touring..
OH No i was told...soft front hard rear...Oh my!! I forgot i did that once and it could'a been ugly...banging down shifts heading for a curve...I swear i saw my tail light...back end came around..saved it...So i opped for a Michelin 190 rear Pilot Sport..just put the first 25 miles on the rear..now a matched set..tire is now fully buffed..almost to the edge...tit's are gone..80-100 mph sweepers...only 20 minutes ago..almost caused a car to crash..Dayam...I was coming up on it real fast after passing a car which was i the fast lane...and as i banked left to get into the fast lane..the car in the slow lane went waaay wide and almost lost it...because he or she thought i was going to rear end them....We tend to forget that car drivers may over react...I am sorry this happend..glad nothing happend.....
Ps Michelin Pilot Sports are awsome....Some stickum...WooHoo
wow.gif

In this run I have a Dunlop 208 rear and a Pirelli diablo on the front and have had no probs, but the rubber compound may be very similar. The M1 is very soft compound and you will probly notice great sticking power but very short wear. The Bt56 is quite abit harder than the M1 in my opion, and I probly wouldnt mix those 2.

aug23_04_011.jpg

Back