Tire Too Big

(BusaCruise @ May 14 2007,23:54) that snake head on  the side represents the Viper & Venom series of tires ... they are built to different dimensions than the  ST Azaro & Storm series tires most of us use.

what was is the part number of this tire?
rock.gif
Yep went out and looked at mine last night and the snake head is there. So small I just never noticed it. He has a good camera.
smile.gif

I really wanted the azaro but ended up with these when Avon had the buy a rear get a front free deal going on last year. Too good a deal to pass up.

The rear tire is the Viper AV60. Before I bought it I knew it would be close, but with the trusty micrometer I should have had just enough room. The AV60's are supposed to be 202mm wide (the storms are listed as 204mm), the stocker we all know is a 198. I still have stock chain, and sprocket. My chain tension is also good, I double checked it before I turned in last night. I won't get another good run till later in the week, and it's just killing me. It was just odd that I had brake squeal, and when I tweaked the brake side chain adjuster almost a 64th of an inch farther out the brake squeal stopped.

hear at my shop I have done alot of 200`s on busa`s and had no problem what so ever. Ive done the storms and the 45/46`s.

Josh

(GSXTacy @ May 14 2007,13:40) Do you have an aftermarket chain? Most chains are a few MM's wider than stock. That is where you problem probably is. I know from experience!
Good call! I didn't even think about that.

I just installed my Avon Storm 200 that I bought from Josh. No clearance issues at all.

I won't get a chance to long ride the axle adjustment till Saturday. I'll give an update then. Just in case that doesn't work...How would I go about shimming the sprocket? Any site I can order those from?

Thats about the clearance I had when I installed mine. I don't understand how that chain can be moving like that. I only have about a thumbs width of slack on the bottom side of the chain. Only thing my friends and I could think of is that it's happening when I'm off the throttle and the top side of the chain goes slack. The tire feathering on the side seems to go to the outside of the tire not the inside. That would suggest that whatever is rubbing it is moving away from the tire edge not towards it. How much chain slack do you have on the bottom side of the chain path?

One thing I have not seen discussed is the cush drive rubbers. If the rubbers are worn they tend to pancake, or to get thinner. This could cause the rear sprocket to travel slightly from side to side, thus letting the chain touch the tire .

He needs to check rear wheel alignment with a string etc. His wheel had to move out of adj.

Back