Avon AV59/60

FstEnf

Registered
I've done some searching on here and other places and I have a couple questions on this tire setup.  I know the stocker is 198 mm and that the Avon Av60 (200) is approx. 203mm.  Will this fit with adequate clearance at the chain?  Also, anyone running the Avon setup in any size combination (190 or 200)?  I'm torn between the Dunlop Qualifier and the Avon setup.  Any thoughts?  I would rather error on the side of sticky, than longer life.  A buddy and I are planning a dragon run sometime in July.

(FstEnf @ Apr. 25 2007,19:15) I've done some searching on here and other places and I have a couple questions on this tire setup. I know the stocker is 198 mm and that the Avon Av60 (200) is approx. 203mm. Will this fit with adequate clearance at the chain? Also, anyone running the Avon setup in any size combination (190 or 200)? I'm torn between the Dunlop Qualifier and the Avon setup. Any thoughts? I would rather error on the side of sticky, than longer life. A buddy and I are planning a dragon run sometime in July.
The Busa should be able to handle that 203mm tire without a hitch. The 200 is most likely the wrong tire to take to the Dragon. The Busa will turn better with a 180 but you probably already knew that.
beerchug.gif

You're right I do know. I guess my question is more of which tire is least likely to step out from under me. I've run my stockers to the edge if the tread (read no chicken strips). I just don't want a skinnier tire than stock if I can help it. I don't race, I just ride hard within my experience and personal limits. I know first hand that I can't catch an R6 on the curvies here in Louisville.

(FstEnf @ Apr. 25 2007,20:05) You're right I do know. I guess my question is more of which tire is least likely to step out from under me. I've run my stockers to the edge if the tread (read no chicken strips). I just don't want a skinnier tire than stock if I can help it. I don't race, I just ride hard within my experience and personal limits. I know first hand that I can't catch an R6 on the curvies here in Louisville.
There are a bunch of tires out there that make the stock Bridgestone's look horrendous; in traction, handling, mileage everything! The width of the tire is not irrelevant but also not the determining factor in it's ultimate traction. Pilot powers, M3's, Qualifiers, Vipers will all make you proud! Any of these will last longer, corner harder, ride better and just plain outperform the BT56. It's a great time to be a sport bike rider!
beerchug.gif

Back