tire size issues/recommendations

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
My bud has an 08 R1...considering if to change the size of his rear tire...from 190/55/17 to 190/50/17...i believe he's presently using a 190/50..... need advice on handling & if he should change the size...he posted on a R1 forum but got NO HELP i told him i'll post up here..... i'll know we'll get help

My bud has an 08 R1...considering if to change the size of his rear tire...from 190/55/17 to 190/50/17...i believe he's presently using a 190/50..... need advice on handling & if he should change the size...he posted on a R1 forum but got NO HELP i told him i'll post up here..... i'll know we'll get help

ok, he's going FROM a 50 TO a 55? U got carried away typing there and I think you flipped what u meant. Anyhow, I went from the stock 50 to a 55 on my Busa and really didn't notice a whole lot of diff. It seems to flick a little quicker at one point in the lean, but nothing an experienced rider would even come close to worrying about.

55 will give you a quicker turn in. But less contact patch. IT just means the crown is taller.

Back