Tire Chock...

casualdreamer

Registered
Hey guys I am at work right now and can't really spare to much time. I am in Jacksonville, N.C and in desperate need of a tire stand/chock that I can mount in my truck. I am going on a Ship Op next week and I am putting my baby inside of my truck so that I am not leaving my baby on supervised or gaurded at my apartment complex. I was looking at a Condor or a Baxley stand for it. But don't know anyone local that has one in stock. There are the normal chocks that I can get but I don't want to have to compress the front forks down that tight and since an enclosed is on the horizon I might as well fork out the $$$ for a good one. Another question if I have to settle for an regular tire chock how should the tire fit into it. I have placed her in ones that were loose on the sides or should the chock actually hold the tire from moving side to side at all. I will be forever indebted to you guys if you can help me out please!!!

Baxley Sport Chock from StreetnTrack
beerchug.gif

click here

I don't think they are local. I have to be able to drive to them and pick it up. I am leaving on Sunday. Just found out this morning...

Run down to any Cycle Gear store and pick up a wheel chock (Pingle or the likes) for now!  Mount it to a board and throw it in the back of your truck should keep your bike up right for the short term providing you tie her down right! Might also get a Canyon Strap for the bars...

You might get lucky in that they have a Baxley or Condor in stock...
But, you'll do just fine with the other style!

Now if it were me and I was leaving for any amount of time.... I wouldn't be putting my baby in the back of my pu! It would be locked up in my apt or off to the storage folks under lock and key! When I went to Texas two years ago for 3 weeks I rented a storage shed just to park my baby... Didn't want to leave her sitting in the enclosed trailer for three weeks at a motel. I was even staying there everyday, could't risk it! Cost less than $40 for the rental. Now, had to do some wheeling and dealing to get the best deal I could, but hey its your bike.

That is what I was thinking but my truck will be in a fence under lock and chain and the storage people here are out of the little ones and they are asking 150+ just for 2 weeks. I know that there is no price when it comes to security of our joys in life but kinda strapped for cash and would rather know where my baby is at and accomplish getting somthing that I will be getting soon anyway. But thanks for the advice. I think I will bite the bullet and by the storage for it...

Harbor Freight might have a store local to you and they have a chock that is really inexpensive, like $40 a pop. I just bought two of them to mount in a trailer.
Might be a decent option?!

Yeah just found them out in town.  I think I am going to check them out.
Those will work just fine, but you will have to bolt them down. 4-1/2 inch holes. Not a big deal, but you could mount it to a piece of plywood if you dont want to mount it to the bed floor. Also, for added piece of mind, get you a couple of ratchet tie downs while you are there and just tie the rear, you dont have have to pull it down hard.

I have the Powerstands Chock I could 3 day select and have to you by friday if you order today..works just like Baxley...

Back