Tire Changing Machine, Group Ownership

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
O.K. so it's late and I didn't get enough sleep last nite and I'm thinking...weird.

Just a thought...

Last time I had tires done at the stealership, I bought 'em on sale and they
stuck it to me on the installation. Think I got pilot powers (regular) for around
can't remember exactly high 200(s) like $260 or $290...and then by the time
they hit me for tax, $35 install a tire, valve stem, disposal fee...blah blah...
I think I walked out for about $390 (for tires on sale) :banghead:

What I would really like to do is buy my own tire machine (and if pigs had wings)
However, since we are all family what I would be willing to do (and I bet I'm not alone)
is contribute to someone else to buy a group tire machine as long as I could my
tires changed there.

Some of the members are kinda spread out but a lot of us are clustered in certain
areas (like Central and South Fl, ding ding ding). So if we had 6, 7, 8+ members
in a given area all kick in 50+ bucks (or whatever), all agree who keeps the machine and
set up a easy schedule on when changes will/could occur (once every 3 months?)
the group could even work together on group buys for tires from our board sponsors...

I would rather ride an hour to contribute to a fellow board member to get my tires done
then get taken by the local stealership...at least we keep the money in the
family and someone would have a tire machine in their garage. We could do this all
around the country...

Last edited:
:bowdown: that sounds like a wonderful idea but im in mass:laugh:

yeah but how many riders you got around ya'

Busa(s) go thru rubber like a fat kid and candy.

It'd be awful appealing to be able to ask a sponsor what he
could do for us for 10 sets of the New Qualifiers (or whatever)...buying power
as well. :beerchug: And then free to put on (after the initial set up purchase)

Great idea:thumbsup:
I put a 240 on, that should be a bit harder and last longer than a the standard tires

Get a Harbor Freight tire changer. About $100 for both parts to do a motorcycle tire if you get it on sale. Works great and will pay for itself in a season if you are a serious rider.

Gixerhp...how you likein your NoMar machine? I almost bit on it this last fall...now that I have 2 bikes and BST wheels i am really thinkin hard on it...any negatives or should be careful of advice on the NOMar machines? 2hip

I think you have a good idea...basically when you enter into any partnership/co-ownership of something it is never as easy as you think it might or should be. People have different ideas about cleanliness, tool respect, schedules, on and on...but if you can get a decent machine...I agree with you 100 percent you could save some real money...2hip

Get a Harbor Freight tire changer. About $100 for both parts to do a motorcycle tire if you get it on sale. Works great and will pay for itself in a season if you are a serious rider.

I was looking at the no mar when I was writting this $495 for the machine
and another $100 for the balancer. $600 total plus s&h (don't think there is tax)

Never looked at the harbor freight version...

Even if you know someone who does car tire's the bike wheel's can be done on those machine's too. As long as it's a wheel clamp type. I do mine at work and go to my favorite bike dealership and they balance them for free( but I give them beer $$$$). The mounting take's up all the time. Balancing is the easy part. But getting a used tire machine between a few people is a good idea.

got an add in the mail today from harbor freight; they got the machine for 50 bucks on sale. is it a good deal, and would any other parts need to be bought?

got an add in the mail today from harbor freight; they got the machine for 50 bucks on sale. is it a good deal, and would any other parts need to be bought?

To make the Harbor freight work well . You will need a base . That price is usuallu just for the top . Also you should add the MoJo blocks Mojoblocks
Then get a goood mounting bar like the Mo Jo lever
The Mojolever

Or a No Mar lever
Scratch Proof MOTORCYCLE TIRE CHANGER machines, supplies and accessories.
Here is a link on how to modify one
New Product: Mojoblocks! - ADVrider

With all said the Cycle hill is the real deal
</title> <meta name="robots" content="index,follow"> <meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="INDEX, FOLLOW"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/a/j/javascripts.js"></script> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <meta nam

Back