Tip over switch.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
If a tip over switch gets dropped in a jug of motor oil by accident, can it be cleaned and reused?

should be fine, they are sealed very well.

wait a day or 2 and test it. I have an easy test for ya. The thing is a very basic unit. Simple as a light switch. it either allows the current or it doesn't.

plus, if its faulty....bike no run.
wink.gif

I've never looked at the tip over switch on a Busa, but the ones on my CXT's are 100% sealed and filled with dampening fluid. You can hear it sloshing around inside.

I'd clean up the plug in connections with electrical contact cleaner and reinstall it.

inside the T O S on a busa....and yes...enquiring minds did want to know...so yes, I did pull the thing apart. Horse shoe shaped bar with a ring that slides from side to side. If it slides too far,it makes contact with the connectors at the end.

good advice,clean connector,re-install.

if its damaged....no circuit....no "lectricity" the bike, she no run.

have a well lubed 1...RSD. unless its yer tipover switch.

laugh.gif
now I can steal your identity, lol, good info and pics, I always wanted to see what they really looked like inside, thanks

So how low would you have to go for that bastid to kick yer juice off
rock.gif
Has anyone done it knee draggin'
rock.gif
laugh.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif
laugh.gif
it was more of a problem on gixxer 1000's,750's etc.

On those,like my 2000 750,it was possible to get a "Dead Stick Landing" outa the thing.

Its not as prevelant on da Busa. Althou some have claimed to have "faulty ones" .

There are quite a few "knee draggers" here on the site. Few probs reported. So no worries...

drag em',make the sparks fly.

rock.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif
laugh.gif
it was more of a problem on gixxer 1000's,750's etc.

On those,like my 2000 750,it was possible to get a "Dead Stick Landing" outa the thing.

Its not as prevelant on da Busa. Althou some have claimed to have "faulty ones" .

There are quite a few "knee draggers" here on the site. Few probs reported. So no worries...

drag em',make the sparks fly.
Whew... I was gettin' worried there for a sec
tounge.gif
Thanks RSD!
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

Back