Tipover Switch

crepitus

Registered
So I called the track and they said I dont need a lanyard kill switch if my bike has a tip over sensor but i have to show tech that it works. How can i do this safely without dropping the bike? I know it works because i unfortunately dropped the bike years back.

Just start the bike, have someone help you lean it over until it shuts down. With two guys it should be pretty easy.

tell them to test their air bags in their car.. some tech guys are bobos.. if you do lean it over be carefull, you can drag the front fairings thru corners and it will not shut off. so you may have to kick it over while it's running.
guns.gif

have the bike running and then unplug the the sensor. If that isn't good enough pry the grommet off the mounting plate, zip tie the tip over sensor back to the mounting point. When tech wants to see it work just cut the zip tie off and tilt the sensor. This will kill the engine.

have the bike running and then unplug the the sensor. If that isn't good enough pry the grommet off the mounting plate, zip tie the tip over sensor back to the mounting point. When tech wants to see it work just cut the zip tie off and tilt the sensor. This will kill the engine.
not a bad idea. where is it located?

not a bad idea.  where is it located?
under your seat right beside the right side of the frame. or in that area somewhere.
banghead.gif

not a bad idea.  where is it located?
under your seat right beside the right side of the frame. or in that area somewhere.  
banghead.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

Back