time to slow down

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
so anyway hooken and I decide to go to the track last night.

we take off and we have about 10mi to go. So this harley rolls up and passes us and then has a big snickering smile on his face and hooken decides that he can't let a harley pass him. So he takes off and blows by this harley as do I....

then He drops a gear or something and just TAKES OFF!!! I couldn't figure out what he is doing so I take off after him...

well we go about another 4 mi and just as were approaching a stop sign a cop rolls up on us and throws his lights on. I pull over and hooken keeps going.

Cop asks if I know why he stopped me. I said no... well way back when we passed that harley there was a cop sitting on the other side of the median. I guess I completely failed to see him but hooken saw him only after he was going over 100 and took off.....

well anyway cops informs me that another officer clocked us going well over 100 but,.... (and here comes the miracle of the night).... he can't do anything about it cuz he wasn't the one who clocked us. Why he didn't just detain me until the officer got there I don't know. but he said to slow it down cuz even though I'm wearing full gear if I would hit something it proabably wouldn't help anyway. I thanked him and finished the other 2 mi I needed to get to the track. .... I got super super lucky.

guess its time to ride the speed limit and leave the speeding for the track.
down.gif
idea3.gif

Thats odd fst i wonder if that works up here cause i know they setup one cop at a spot to clock ya then radio a mile down to catch ya but the cop that clocks ya never comes to the scene i will have to ask about if that happens to me in that situation up here
rock.gif

And man you did get off hella lucky

down.gif

idea3.gif
I too need to slow it down...............this hayabusa bird is just made for speed and it's hard to keep it in double digits!!! It's just begging to go faster, but if I don't get the need for speed in check, I'm gonna have to pay the piper sooner or later!!!!
wow.gif
wink.gif
sad.gif

we take off and we have about 10mi to go.  So this harley rolls up and passes us and then has a big snickering smile on his face and hooken decides that he can't let a harley pass him. So he takes off and blows by this harley as do I....

then He drops a gear or something and just TAKES OFF!!! I couldn't figure out what he is doing so I take off after him...

well we go about another 4 mi and just as were approaching a stop sign a cop rolls up on us and throws his lights on.  I pull over and hooken keeps going.

Cop asks if I know why he stopped me.  I said no... well way back when we passed that harley there was a cop sitting on the other side of the median.  I guess I completely failed to see him but hooken saw him only after he was going over 100 and took off.....

well anyway cops informs me that another officer clocked us going well over 100 but,.... (and here comes the miracle of the night).... he can't do anything about it cuz he wasn't the one who clocked us.  Why he didn't just detain me until the officer got there I don't know. but he said to slow it down cuz even though I'm wearing full gear if I would hit something it proabably wouldn't help anyway.  I thanked him and finished the other 2 mi I needed to get to the track. .... I got super super lucky.

down.gif

idea3.gif
Hmmm... Well, unless the laws in your state are different than most other states (like Georgia for one) I call bull shat. Not on your story but on the cop's story. Sounds to me like he "knew" you were speedin' but didn't/couldn't get a clock on ya and wanted to pull ya anyway. Maybe he was hopin' you'd admit to a speed and he could charge ya at that speed?
rock.gif
It's common practice in Georgia to see a tag unit runnin' radar or laser and clockin' violators while multiple chase cars run 'em down and write 'em. I can't believe your state would cripple their revenue, errrrr, traffic units by not lettin' 'em do the same thing.
wink.gif

Again, just by readin' yer story I think he knew you were haulin' ass and wanted to pull ya but didn't have a speed to charge ya with at all. If he actually put it like you did in your post ( as in he said you were doin' "well over 100"...) then I'd be willin' to bet that neither he nor anyone else got a clock on ya and actually knew your exact speed. I'm bettin' you'da toted paper if he or this other alleged officer had gotten a speed on ya to charge ya with.

Anyway, glad he didn't pen whip yer ass for it.
super.gif

Man you were just plain lucky there, and I feel you on the speeding tip ... I've got to slow down some too. I'm gulity of riding too darn fast on the highway
sad.gif

we take off and we have about 10mi to go.  So this harley rolls up and passes us and then has a big snickering smile on his face and hooken decides that he can't let a harley pass him. So he takes off and blows by this harley as do I....

well we go about another 4 mi and just as were approaching a stop sign a cop rolls up on us and throws his lights on.  I pull over and hooken keeps going.

Cop asks if I know why he stopped me.  I said no... well way back when we passed that harley there was a cop sitting on the other side of the median.  I guess I completely failed to see him but hooken saw him only after he was going over 100 and took off.....

well anyway cops informs me that another officer clocked us going well over 100 but,.... (and here comes the miracle of the night).... he can't do anything about it cuz he wasn't the one who clocked us.  Why he didn't just detain me until the officer got there I don't know. but he said to slow it down cuz even though I'm wearing full gear if I would hit something it proabably wouldn't help anyway.  I thanked him and finished the other 2 mi I needed to get to the track. .... I got super super lucky.

down.gif

idea3.gif
Hmmm... Well, unless the laws in your state are different than most other states (like Georgia for one) I call bull shat. Not on your story but on the cop's story. Sounds to me like he "knew" you were speedin' but didn't/couldn't get a clock on ya and wanted to pull ya anyway. Maybe he was hopin' you'd admit to a speed and he could charge ya at that speed?
rock.gif
It's common practice in Georgia to see a tag unit runnin' radar or laser and clockin' violators while multiple chase cars run 'em down and write 'em. I can't believe your state would cripple their revenue, errrrr, traffic units by not lettin' 'em do the same thing.
wink.gif

Again, just by readin' yer story I think he knew you were haulin' ass and wanted to pull ya but didn't have a speed to charge ya with at all. If he actually put it like you did in your post ( as in he said you were doin' "well over 100"...) then I'd be willin' to bet that neither he nor anyone else got a clock on ya and actually knew your exact speed. I'm bettin' you'da toted paper if he or this other alleged officer had gotten a speed on ya to charge ya with.

Anyway, glad he didn't pen whip yer ass for it.
super.gif
yep I said it just as the officer told me "well over 100mph"

I was like well I knew how fast I was going but didn't know if he exactly knew or what.... so I didn't admit to anything and he let me go... they ran my license and I had no warrants and or outstanding violations so I was free.... lucky I tell ya.... The piper shoulda been paid there but I got lucky

You are just lucky that he didn't give you a more costly (in insurance, anyway) wreckless driving ticket. That's what happened to me and my cousin for "racing" in a car. He didn't clock me at a certain speed, so that's what we got. He also said, you had to be doing over 100. I thought I was getting off easy at the time, but when insurance heard about it, it was not pretty. I was begging for a speeding ticket.

I dont think the first cop clocked us or me because if he did he would have known exactly how fast I was going. He was in the south bound lanes and moving. It was a different cop that heard the call and was on a different road that pulled fstbusa over I did stop but they never waved me over to where they were so I left. Just glad neither one of us got a ticket. I tell everybody that knows me dont follow my lead it might lead to the jail I guess I forgot to tell fstbusa. Whopps

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah well no ticket so I guess its better late than never
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hooken...I like that response..."No it couldn't have been me they were flaging"...
evil.gif

For a few years I used to hire cops for security at a club, got to know a few secrets / tricks.  It was at least 4 years ago now, but the local (Nova Scotia) CITY cops had cheapy radar guns that wouldn't read past--well.. I don't remember exactly, and dont want to bull poop--somewhere around 180 KMS/hr, which is somewhere around 115 mph. No exact speed means no proof, means no defense when your in court and YOU ask HIM how fast you were going! Judges do not like thier time wasted, and the cops don't like getting ragged on for chicken poop so the just don't give the ticket.  They need thier credibility for real stuff.

Also for a radar speed to be accepted the instrument has to be calibrated.  If it's not calibrated within a certian period usually 30 days-3 months depending on the make model etc.  then the speed is not able to be proven accurate.  If you do ever get clocked / caught and "handed paper" ask the cop for the serial number of the radar gun (you write it down and have him initial, or have him write it down and you initial, with time and date).  Don't say why! ( write down his badge # and car # too etc, he'll probably think your just being a bobo). Even if he does catch on, not all of them are A%#$@!!*#, so he may not "cook the books" ( they have actual procedures and records for this type of stuff, just like any other business).  Come court day ask him to prove calibration for said radar gun, which he 90%+- of the time won't be able to due and on the spot voila, the judge will chuck it!  IT WORKS, I've done it!

Also some instuments only calibrate to within a certian range, but thats a little more complicated and not really practical here.

Watch out with the speed though, with another cop in the car to witness the'll slap a  reckless and imprudent type charge on you which cost me a 6 month suspention, and consequently insurance rates got 50% surcharge.

Should post a thread on how to get around some of the systems and procedures?!  Must be a cop or lawyer around that can chip in 2 cents, and a few others who learned the hard way!  I've got a few more...

Oh yes...He can be substituted with She as applicable...don't want to offend...

Cheers

Back