Time to say goodbye my friends.....

Rubberrabbit

Registered
Well, it can go that fast, right? I was able to enjoy my stately Hayabusa for a beautiful year. But tomorrow leaves the home garage. Because I don't like her anymore? Absolutely not! It was the best bike I've ever ridden. Comfortable, powerful and damn fast. Actually, I planned to move them until the end of my motorcycling life. But sometimes... it turns out differently than you think. Within 10 months, I got two serious diagnoses from my doctors. I refused to give up the Busa until the very end. But the last rides have shown me that I break down faster than I thought. Because no matter how easy the Gen3 can be moved, the 270 kilos want to be moved safely. I don't know how many times I've had tears running down my face in the last few days, so there are still ways to make men cry. I don't want to give up my hobby completely and will drive an SV650X until I have to give it up. Damn....that's a change...you have to cope with it first. A difference than swapping a family station wagon for a Corvette. But I didn't want to slip away quietly and secretly without saying, YOU are a great forum and really great people. I had a lot of fun here. In German forums it's just lame and boring, here, on the other hand, there are still real motorcycle lovers. Stay the way you are and enjoy your busa as long as you can!

Well, it can go that fast, right? I was able to enjoy my stately Hayabusa for a beautiful year. But tomorrow leaves the home garage. Because I don't like her anymore? Absolutely not! It was the best bike I've ever ridden. Comfortable, powerful and damn fast. Actually, I planned to move them until the end of my motorcycling life. But sometimes... it turns out differently than you think. Within 10 months, I got two serious diagnoses from my doctors. I refused to give up the Busa until the very end. But the last rides have shown me that I break down faster than I thought. Because no matter how easy the Gen3 can be moved, the 270 kilos want to be moved safely. I don't know how many times I've had tears running down my face in the last few days, so there are still ways to make men cry. I don't want to give up my hobby completely and will drive an SV650X until I have to give it up. Damn....that's a change...you have to cope with it first. A difference than swapping a family station wagon for a Corvette. But I didn't want to slip away quietly and secretly without saying, YOU are a great forum and really great people. I had a lot of fun here. In German forums it's just lame and boring, here, on the other hand, there are still real motorcycle lovers. Stay the way you are and enjoy your busa as long as you can!
Nutrition is everything my friend. Take your nutrition to the next level and stay hydrated. Always a way to heal as long as you put effort in the the right places. If you need any guidance on this let me know. Once a Busa rider always a Busa rider.

Zee , be a survivor!,, I know this is not the same but I’m 50 years old and just healed from my third back surgery. Most of my friends can’t wrap their head around the fact I have a turbo Busa with 2 lbs of titanium holding my spine straight..... I say if I can get a leg over this machine I’m twisting that throttle until my troubles are well behind me! Stay strong bro

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis and that you have to give up your wonderful busa. Glad to hear your staying on 2 wheels since we all know it can be the best therapy. As everyone has said your part of the family here on the org and even if you no longer have your busa stay around and keep posting. Nothing as serious as your going thru but during some bad times I've had just having the people to talk to here has helped me by taking my mind off the issues I was dealing with so stick around and let us know if there is anything we can do. :beerchug:

Hello friends! It's been a bit turbulent in the last few days, I only got around to reading your posts now. Thank you very much for the warm and heartfelt words. It is encouraging to see that many have won the battle and are reporting back. I also admit that I'm a stubborn SOB :D I won't let myself get down. It was damn hard to give away the Busa. I've hardly come across a bike that I've loved more, although I've owned other bikes for many years. But as a member already wrote here, on 2 wheels is the best therapy. In addition, you have to consider that I have 3 children and would like to accompany them for a long time. And there's this goal in mind, to win the battle and maybe get another Gen 3 in my garage in a few years. That builds me up. The SV650X really is a likable little bike, it's fun...but having sat on a thunderbird like the Busa before, it's like sitting on a child's toy with the SV. :) Thank you for your support, that means a lot to me! I'm happy that I can stay here, even if I don't own any Busa anymore. May God protect you!

Think of the SV this way. It’s 650cc which is 40ci, the same size motor that came in the original Triumph Bonneville. A bike that outran just about any bike around until the multis came out. And, the SV is miles ahead in tech, better brakes, tires, suspension and power. My daughter had one, the first year they were fuel injected I think, an 03? She rode with me all over NorCal, up hiway 1, thru the giant redwoods, Tahoe, everywhere, and one day we rode I5 in a downpour for over 200 miles. That was a great day. Great bike, nice and flickable but I’ll admit I felt huge riding it.

Back