Time to Rotate Friends???

I have two separate groups. one group consists of "acquaintences" and the other consists of "friends". The acquaintences will constantly rotate into and out of my life, based on what i do, where I go, etc. The friends are the ones I can call up any time and are always willing to help, to talk, or whatever. The acquaintences are more the ones who will help you if it doesnt inconvenience them. I give the same as I get, and a lot of them quit calling me once they figure that out. No great loss.

I don't "rate" my friends based on their incomes. The notion of doing so is kinda ugly in fact. There may be folks I don't associate with much anymore, but it's never been because they aren't "productive enough"...

As for the naive notion that "there's jobs out there, just go get one." Really? Try it. Go ahead, You've got a mountain of bills to pay, you're busting your a55 trying to find a job that pays what you need to survive? Go ahead, pump gas but it won't pay the bills, yet now you've tied up 8-10 hours every day at a mindless job not able to focus on what you need to do that doesn't cover your needs. Get two or three minimum wage jobs and guess what, you still may not be able to pay the bills, and now you have no time to find an appropriate position.

There's a lot of folks out there who are just fine suckling at the government teet. But there are millions right now who cannot afford to work a few minimum wage jobs as they simply do not pay enough.

It's pretty damned scary out there right now for a lot of people. Engineers, etc, who are in dire straights. Your fantasy land notion that folks just do not want to work may apply in times of boom, but here in the bust, it just doesn't apply to millions of folks who are well and truly screwed.

Back