Time to buy a suit

G

I visited the Vanson Factory in Fall River Mass, about 4 hrs from NYC. 951 Broadway, the main drag thru Fall River. Look for an OLD ratty factory building 1/2 mile N of I-195 exit. Phone 508-678-2000

Lots of neat suits and a huge "sale" rack. You can try on anything. Vanson sizing is strange though. I wear a 42-44 business suit but needed a 46 Vanson jacket to fit so I could move.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 01 September 1999).]

Copper
I wear a Dainese Silverstone suit Which I like alot. You might check out AGV suits very reasonably priced for the quality of the suits. A friend of mine has one and is very happy with it

GSXDAN

I have a Dainese 2pc which was very good quality except the little tabs you pull the zippers with broke off. Very tight fit now though so I bought a Vanson Cobra jacket and will buy pants soon. The Vanson is very sturdy, the jacket must weigh 15lbs!, and the ventilation features work well. I must say I am very impressed with the quality and have heard only good things from people who own them. Pricey though you get what you pay for.
Jacket & pants run about $1000, but that is what I have seen Dainese 2pc suits advertised for nowadays.

[This message has been edited by RobBase (edited 01 September 1999).]

Hey, its getting cool out here in NYC, perfect riding weather for me. I want to drop some $ on a full leather suit. I checked out the Firstgear millenium race suit (689.95 srp) and had my eye on the Vanson. What do my fellow rocket riders think, and where should I order it from (the best bang for the buck :) )
Thnx and Peace.

I wear an aerostitch one piece suit. Its water proof, reflective material on front and rear of suit, lots of pockets and it is allowed on racetracks if you decide to go for superbike training. Cost is 670.00 dollars. Its also very comfortable. Go to www.aerostitch.com and check em out. It also comes in a two piece. The above site even tells you how they are made and why they use the materials they use.............

After telling you about the Vanson factory I should tell you I didn't buy leathers. I don't race,, yet. So leather doesn't make much sense to me. I too have an Aerostitch two piece suit with the extra hip & back pads. Very excellent, comfortable, doesn't soak thru in rain, not too hot. The jacket came with a polartech liner that's very cozy. They seem to use the best materials, etc. Be advised that the suit has a label, probably put there by the Aerostitch lawyer, that says it isn't a "crash" suit. Also I had to put silicone on the zippers to make them run smoothly. Don't get oil on the GoreTex material though.

Has anyone had the nerve to wear the "Yellow" one in public?

Lyle, I will if you will..........also, not to go against what Lyle said earlier they have had triple digit crashes in the suits and it protected the riders very well. One guy did get a broken thumb though.........I guess the label is for lawyers.......hehe

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 02 September 1999).]

I have to agree with the man up stairs from me. Aerostitch is the way to go. I work with a writer for Motorcycle Consumer News and he swears by the Aerostitch. I am in the process of choosing a similar color scheme to my Copper/Silver.

I bought a Teknic 2 piece year that is excellent! Rode in 90 degree weather and it was fine until I slowed down to visit. Retail was close to $1000. Very comfortable, even with armor.

I'm not into black leather myself.

Vegasdude.. The suit looks like it will survive some serious sh**. Haven't tested that aspect of the suit yet. I'm trying hard to never find out. Sober, Straight, No Cop Racing, etc, ya know, the usual virtuous stuff. But there is the lawyer's disclaimer there.

Back