Good time to buy a Busa?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
If I understand it right Suzuki will not be able to sell the current Hayabusa after 12/31/2018. Can you imagine the prices on 12/30/2018? That might be worth stealing one of those for nothing?

Good time to buy a Busa?

Anytime and all the time. :moon:

I thought that was just for Europe, being last date it may be given to a dealer on account or consignment.

If I understand it right Suzuki will not be able to sell the current Hayabusa after 12/31/2018. Can you imagine the prices on 12/30/2018? That might be worth stealing one of those for nothing?
NOBODY should be telling anybody when and where to sell their motorcycles.

That is Only EU from what I read awhile back. GSXR 750 / 600 also in same boat as the bird. USA Market those 3 are OK by our requirements.

Arch is saying to buy a Busa because they won’t be able to sell the current model after December so it may be worth more or the value will go up because of that.

Laws are Laws..... Every country has laws or restrictions some stricter or relaxed than other countries. @ least they are passing a uniformed law that will be abided throughout Europe. Not like our country where vehicle laws and restrictions depend on which state you live in.

I would be curious to see the kind of deals they’ll offer.

Probably nothing crazy..... Remeber the EBR 1190RX??

The sport bike Eric Buell designed and when tested against a Panigale went blow for blow with around the track. The company folded and several dealerships across the country were stuck with Brand new bikes from a company that no longer exists. Hence no warranty coverage, parts availability etc.

You’d think dealerships would slash prices to half off or something to get rid of the inventory and headache?? Nope..... they basically knocked off the overhead they’d normally charge the consumer and advertised em for what they actually paid for the bikes. So you’d see some for a couple grand less but no crazy bargain bin prices or anything like that. Go on cycle trader and you’ll still see em for $10k+

They probably got some kinda deal worked out with Suzuki where they’ll buy em back or a loop hole where they can’t sell em to a consumer but can @ an auction or something.

Probably nothing crazy..... Remeber the EBR 1190RX??

The sport bike Eric Buell designed and when tested against a Panigale went blow for blow with around the track. The company folded and several dealerships across the country were stuck with Brand new bikes from a company that no longer exists. Hence no warranty coverage, parts availability etc.

You’d think dealerships would slash prices to half off or something to get rid of the inventory and headache?? Nope..... they basically knocked off the overhead they’d normally charge the consumer and advertised em for what they actually paid for the bikes. So you’d see some for a couple grand less but no crazy bargain bin prices or anything like that. Go on cycle trader and you’ll still see em for $10k+

They probably got some kinda deal worked out with Suzuki where they’ll buy em back or a loop hole where they can’t sell em to a consumer but can @ an auction or something.

My local Yamaha/Suzuki dealer has about 6 EBR's and they want nearly 10k for them...

I think Suzuki has to make parts available for Gen2 Busa's for 7 years.

Back