Time for new rotors

UR IT!

MIDNIGHT FALCON
Donating Member
Registered
I always try to order from our sponsers first...I do a lot of business with Schnitz Racing and Street and Track...I don't want to spend a grand on new rotors so I'm looking for a lead to some decent yet inexpensine rotors. Schnitz has a set of lazer cut rotors that aren't that badly priced but no name attached, anyone know anything about these:Lazer cut rotors ....or have a lead to a set that aren't too expensive?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Not sure what proce range you're in but Brembo but OPP has some pretty decemt prices on Brembo rotars, and complete packages.  Just a thought...  http://www.oppracing.com/null
Hey Danny, Brembos are a little on the expensive side..What about EBC? Maybe even Galfer, but I'm streching where I want to spend...I definately don't want junk and I'm NOT concerned about bling at all..

You know Charlesbusa bought some rotors recently. He didn't want to go real expensive either, but I think he came up with a good set of rotors at a decent price. Why not shoot him a PM. I know he would be able to get you good information, and he can probably tell you where to get the best deal, and I know Charles would be more than happy to help you in any way he could.

Not sure what proce range you're in but Brembo but OPP has some pretty decemt prices on Brembo rotars, and complete packages.  Just a thought...  http://www.oppracing.com/null
Hey Danny, Brembos are a little on the expensive side..What about EBC? Maybe even Galfer, but I'm streching where I want to spend...I definately don't want junk and I'm NOT concerned about bling at all..
Call me in 1/2 hor on my way in and I will hook you up.

503-663-3278

I agree %100, oem's are the best replacement rotor, unless you are going superbike style iron race rotors or carbon's ( i dont know even if you can get them). Stock rotors do a great job, they are thick enough. If you wanted better braking performance, start upgrading in this order

Bleed the lines
Fluid
Brake line s/s
Calipers
Mastercylinder
Rotors

Rotors do not provide addiditonal stopping power unles they are larger. The size and the material usually dictates the amout of heat it can shed off before it gets super hot and the brakes feel mushy.

alth full floating

myblackbusa2.JPG

Braking Wave Rotors are a nice alternative If you look around you might be able to pick a pair up at $400.00 or a little more. They disperse heat a little better than the stock rotors. But you can go a long way with the stock rotors,some EBC HH pads and stainless steel lines.

I have Galfer wave rotors all around,super light Galffer brake lines and HH sinister pads all around.....the stock set up worked better if you ask me,dont get caught up in the name game,forget what I spent on it all,know it was over 1k and yes I did get it from a sponsor

I have Braking wave rotors. Work very well.
Brembos are definitely top notch.

Anyone remember what Hogger/Rune8 had on his bike??
I think ABM(could be wrong), but they were the best looking out there.
And he said, work damn good...

Galfer is a great rotor had them on my last three personal bikes, though a little on the heavy side if your trying to reduce enertia based power loss. Almost 1lb. heavier than stock in most applications, but they offer outstanding stopping and cooling power. The EBC Pro-Lite's are lighter and the full floating function actually works, they float and bang for the buck are tough to beat. I also have a strong liking for the Brembo rotors as well. Just my 2 cents...

Back