Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
The wife wants her own bike!!
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

Not a Busa as she has never ridden before so we are taking baby steps. Also she is barely 5 foot tall so something she can sit on and control comfortably limits the initial selections. Looking in the 250 range for now but I am sure it is only the beginning. Since I am loyal to Suzuki and the wife found one she likes here it is. She wants just a different color.

GZ250K7.jpg

Suzuki GZ250

I am sitting here typing this and am giddy as a 6 year old on Xmas eve. I have been wishing for this for years.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

laugh.gif

Oh and since her name is Shannon the S on the tank is her initial. I think that is why she likes it.
laugh.gif

Ninja 250. Many upgrades for 08. Great reviews..fun bike.

r8
I pointed her in that direction but she really likes the GZ. The color she likes is a bluish purple. It will be hers and I want her to have what she wants. Also she is so short legged that she could barely tippy toe the Ninja. I would get her a Moped if that is what it took to get her riding on her own.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
runeight @ May 17 2008 said:
1419932[/ATTACH] PM]

r8
I  pointed her in that direction but she really likes the GZ. The color she likes is a bluish purple. It will be hers and I want her to have what she wants. Also she is so short legged that she could barely tippy toe the Ninja. I would get her a Moped if that is what it took to get her riding on her own.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

cool.gif

r8

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I am trying to convince hubby to help me buy my first bike!!  I have never ridden before but want to learn, tired of waiting for that back seat to get put on....
whistling.gif

It's cool to read these threads and see what other first time lady riders are buying.  Plus I too am short, 5'1".

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
1420424[/ATTACH] PM]

r8
I  pointed her in that direction but she really likes the GZ. The color she likes is a bluish purple. It will be hers and I want her to have what she wants. Also she is so short legged that she could barely tippy toe the Ninja. I would get her a Moped if that is what it took to get her riding on her own.
Congratulations! From personal experience, answer her questions about bikes, but unless it's a crappy quality bike, let her pick it out. If she feels pressured or that you want her to get something else, she won't like. And especially, make sure it's the right size for her.

Also take the safety course is an exceptional idea. It's easier on marriages if someone else teaches wives to ride.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

My wife was in the same boat, same height, bought her 05 883 sportster (harley) dropped it another inch with progressive shocks and aftermarket seat she loves it...till now that she wants to ride sport..it's for sale(shameless promo) 6g's takes it!
beerchug.gif

Very excited for you! I love riding with my wife. As said above, let her pick her bike.
beerchug.gif

My wife was in the same boat, same height, bought her 05 883 sportster (harley) dropped it another inch with progressive shocks and aftermarket seat she loves it...till now that she wants to ride sport..it's for sale(shameless promo) 6g's takes it!
beerchug.gif
Lycan,

If you have some good pics of it email them to me. I work with a guy that is looking for an 883 for his wife. I will forward them on to him.

jbretl@comcast.net

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
1420675[/ATTACH] PM]

r8
I pointed her in that direction but she really likes the GZ. The color she likes is a bluish purple. It will be hers and I want her to have what she wants. Also she is so short legged that she could barely tippy toe the Ninja. I would get her a Moped if that is what it took to get her riding on her own.
Congratulations! From personal experience, answer her questions about bikes, but unless it's a crappy quality bike, let her pick it out. If she feels pressured or that you want her to get something else, she won't like. And especially, make sure it's the right size for her.

Also take the safety course is an exceptional idea. It's easier on marriages if someone else teaches wives to ride.
Exactly my mind set about it. I am trying to play the help and support role only. I will do whatever to help and guide her along whichever path she chooses.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Good choice there my wife started on a used 05 rebel. She put over 4000 miles on it before she traded up. It had 126 miles on it. guy bought it for his wife and she never even sat on it. He bought it used also. That sucker got 80 mpg.

I have an 02 Buell Blast -- was the only thing that I fit on (short legs myself). Decided that I would rather have something more sporty. Soooooo Dave took me looking this weekend. I sat on a few things. Anyway, I'm too short for all of them. So unless anyone has suggestions it looks like I'm stuck with my Buell. Dave was going to go online to check out specs to see how we could lower something, but I don't want to buy new....lower it...find out I'm still too short to ride.

Hope your search leads to a great ride for her....she'll love it!

Back