Time for a new fuel pump?

JeffSyh

Registered
I got my A/F gauge mounted and replaced my fuel filter. Bike primed and started right away ran for 10 mins then died. I can hear and feel the fuel pump click when I turn the key on but won't prime. The old fuel filter had no junk in it and the new one is installed the right way, I checked all fuel lines no kinks or anything.

Is it time for a new pump?

Tank is half way full, maybe I'll fill it right full tomorrow and try again.

Could there be any stretched wires to the pump based on the maintenance? Perhaps a loose wire came detached from the vibration of the engine running? I do not know the physical configuration, merely that there are no coincidences, and that DC motors tend to die slowly and not go dead all at once.

Could there be any stretched wires to the pump based on the maintenance? Perhaps a loose wire came detached from the vibration of the engine running? I do not know the physical configuration, merely that there are no coincidences, and that DC motors tend to die slowly and not go dead all at once.
I did check wiring quick but I have covid again so I ran out of steam. I do have a 30 amp fuse in the fuse panel since it's walbro. Maybe my battery is getting weak but I trickle charge it all night.

Take care of that sickness. I hope you get your rest.

Do you have a spare battery?

My one battery started the VFR in the fall, charged all winter, lit up the dash brightly, but went to a dash flicker after pressing the start button for the first time this year. Thatt is how these things roll sometimes...

Take care of that sickness. I hope you get your rest.

Do you have a spare battery?

My one battery started the VFR in the fall, charged all winter, lit up the dash brightly, but went to a dash flicker after pressing the start button for the first time this year. Thatt is how these things roll sometimes...
I used my truck battery for a bit of testing today and still nothing have 12.4 volts to pump I'm extremely sick and would rather not play with gas right now so when I feel better I'll pull the pump out and check it closer. The ground had -12.4 volts also so it's not wiring or ecu, I wonder if the pump was my bog issue? But it primed so strong all the time and had 43 psi steady.

I went with a AEM was only 2 days away.
20220507_140345.jpg

Got my relay in and beefer wiring just waiting on fittings now.

Just wanna double check this is the fuel pump I need?

It appears the same as others have used.

Funny the knock-offs that appear identical:

It appears the same as others have used.

Funny the knock-offs that appear identical:

I think most use the same housings it's just the internals, the aem is suppose to use the same design as a 044 but who knows. I know I'll never need 400lph of fuel though hahaha.

Back