Tiger Racing Hump Glove Box

After its first lengthy ride yesterday (600 miles), I see mine has also scuffed up my paint pretty badly.... which is quite unfortunate.
thumb_down.gif
banghead.gif

I tried adding two washers, but it did not do the job, and I had a hard time getting the bolt started in the threads. It really calls for an aluminum spacer to stand off the hump cowling and keep it from rubbing on the rear cowling. This, in turn, will require a longer bolt to accommodate the new length.

I think I solve the problem with the scuffing.  Either get a taller rubber bumper FtMyers001-1.jpg
or do like what I did and that was to place one of the floor proctors that you place under a chair on the corner where it hits the rubber bumper and it work great. FtMyers007-1.jpg
 There was no difference between the stock and the mod fit.  It was tight and the clearance was equal all around.  Without it you can grab the back part of the hump that is closer to the seat and move it up and down and that cause the scuffing. I will play around some more until it is perfect.

FtMyers006-1.jpg

FtMyers005-1.jpg

Yep, I am going to do the same. The Tiger Glove Box is too good to just give up without some effort to prevent the scuffing.
thumb_up.gif

There are always workarounds to be had.... Joker's taller rubber bumpers looks like it's the right track.

I think I solve the problem with the scuffing.  Either get a taller rubber bumper <a href="http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/dparris_94/?action=view¤t=FtMyers001-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">
FtMyers001-1.jpg
or do like what I did and that was to place one of the floor proctors that you place under a chair on the corner where it hits the rubber bumper and it work great. <a href="http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/dparris_94/?action=view¤t=FtMyers007-1.jpg" target="_blank">
FtMyers007-1.jpg
 There was no difference between the stock and the mod fit.  It was tight and the clearance was equal all around.  Without it you can grab the back part of the hump that is closer to the seat and move it up and down and that cause the scuffing.  I will play around some more until it is perfect.

<a href="http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/dparris_94/?action=view¤t=FtMyers006-1.jpg" target="_blank">
FtMyers006-1.jpg

FtMyers005-1.jpg
+1 Any pictures joke?

Yep, I am going to do the same. The Tiger Glove Box is too good to just give up without some effort to prevent the scuffing.  
thumb_up.gif

There are always workarounds to be had.... Joker's taller rubber bumpers looks like it's the right track.
but for what they cost should i have to run out and spend more money to get it to fit right??? what about the money i will have to spend to get the scuff marks touched up?? if anyone wants mine it is still for sale at a few bucks under the GB price.

Has anyone tried to contact Guy at Tiger Racing regarding this? I am wondering if there is an adjustment that can be made. I know I had to tweek mine to get it to open, I think it was a little bent in shipping.

I guess I would be expecting all 25 buyers to have an issue if this was more than an adjustment. I've got an e-mail into Guy now.

I just got home from Maxton racing and from vacation and just received the email from Highgain. I see what you are all saying and wondering if the foam wedges were installed on the arms as they were provided? I have sold over 300 of the 08 boxes and yes, I have had 4 people complain of the fit so I would not BS you and say I've never had a problem. I hate it when people tell me I'm the only one with a problem. I offer a 100% replacement guarantee on all my products. there must be something wrong with a bend in the latch box or the arms are not fitted with the foam wedges. Anyone can email me directly at:
TigerRacing@buckeye-express.com

I'm at the Detroit airport on my way to Richmond, VA to work this week but will have my laptop on at night at the hotel.

I do not want anyone to not really enjoy their new glove box.

Guy

Mine also needed mods. Front rubber mounts not long enough and needed a thinner spacer behind the lock plate which I used 1/4 in bolt washers. You can use the play in the bolt holes to get the plate to go as far to the rear of the hump as possible as well as the bolts for the lock plate. This will move the hump forward and allow proper rear fit. I did not expect it to fit great, but it should have not scuffed the paint off. Guy, Thanks for the group buy
thumb_up.gif

I just got home from Maxton racing and from vacation and just received the email from Highgain.  I see what you are all saying and wondering if the foam wedges were installed on the arms as they were provided?  I have sold over 300 of the 08 boxes and yes, I have had 4 people complain of the fit so I would not BS you and say I've never had a problem.  I hate it when people tell me I'm the only one with a problem.  I offer a 100% replacement guarantee on all my products.  there must be something wrong with a bend in the latch box or the arms are not fitted with the foam wedges.  Anyone can email me directly at:
TigerRacing@buckeye-express.com

I'm at the Detroit airport on my way to Richmond, VA to work this week but will have my laptop on at night at the hotel.

I do not want anyone to not really enjoy their new glove box.

Guy
Thanks Guy, Sent you a email.
hello.gif

I would like to get these units back if I could who is having problems.  It sounds like this last batch has some erroneous (bad) bends somewhere causing fit problems.  There is no way over 300 units can be good and then the last batch of 20 (special ordered for you all) has a problem if it wasn't a forming issue.

If you would like to have your unit replaced, send them back to me and I will send you back another (pre-fitted) for your riding enjoyment.  These are really great pieces and I'm embarassed that some of you are having issues.

I have 08's in the shop and will pre-fit each one to make sure they fit proper and it will also allow me to see what is the problem.  I suspect a forming issue from my manufacturer.
I will make it worth your while to do so.

My apologies,

Guy

Hey guys! Sorry my computer is down! Got hit with a bad virus. I am using a friends home computer. I had issues with mine fitting correctly, but was able to fix mine by adding some rubber mounts to push up on the tiger lid assembly. I was goning to load pics. but lost the computer so no up loading of the mod. I have had no other problems with the tail and it has come in handy!!! Held to shirts when the weather got cooler. When I am able to I will post pics of the mods. made to the tail!!! Soory! But nice product less the fitting issue.

Question:

If you received the 08 box, did you install the foam wedges included with the thank you / instruction sheet... The one with the pic?
If you did, are you still having the issue?
If you didn't, why not? Just want to know, you may have a very good reason.
There were 17 08 boxes purchased. I am a manufacturer also and what I would expect is 17 different complaints if there was a common problem.

Those of you that received pre-08 boxes, are they doing the same thing?

High-Gain

I follow the instruction sheet and put the foam in. What cause mine to scuff was it had too much play in the back of the hump. If the rubber bumper was taller or something else was place to raise it,. I would have no problem.

would really like to see detailed pics.
Allow me, then.
cool.gif

In my case, the damage appears to be confined to the front portion of the hump (as you sit on the bike).

Even though this is an out-of-focus picture of the forward right area of the Hump opening, you can still plainly see the scuffed mark above the red line I drew:

scuff1.jpg

This shot shows similar damage to the paint on the hump itself. Red line shows paint damage to the front left section of the hump (as you sit on the bike):

hump_scuff.jpg

Red lines show the worse of the scuffing... again, forward left area of where the Hump sits:

scuff2.jpg

What is truly unfortunate is that when I re-installed the OEM base plate (and it correctly positions the Hump away from the bodywork), now you can plainly see the paint damage above the red line I drew in this photo. I was hoping that the Hump would still cover up the damage.... guess not.
banghead.gif

scuff_WITH_OEM_base.jpg

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
If you received the 08 box, did you install the foam wedges included with the thank you / instruction sheet... The one with the pic?[/quote]

I think I installed this piece correctly:

foam_cushion.jpg

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
If you would like to have your unit replaced, send them back to me and I will send you back another (pre-fitted) for your riding enjoyment.[/quote]

Normally, I would decline your kind offer, because this just isn't a major huge screaming deal; it's readily fixable with a few trivial pieces of trim from a hardware store. However, as it happens, my K8 will have its auxiliary fuel cell sitting on the pillion area for the next couple of months. That being the case, I believe I will go ahead and send this back to you to exchange for another.

These are really great pieces and I'm embarassed that some of you are having issues.[/quote]

Don't be.

Sometimes, $hit happens. This time... it happened to us. Meah... it ain't no biggie, IMO.

Me, I just like to personally thank you for stepping up to make the Hump Glove Box plate to begin with!!! Nobody put a gun to the head of Tiger Racing and told you all to make these things for the K8 community. Without dudes like yourself and others to fabricate goodies, where would we be?

Thanks again, Guy......... Tiger Racing ==>
bowdown.gif

Guy, the problem is due to the height of the pan in the front of the hump over the rubber factory stops. If you were to lower the pan hight about a 1/4 in, it would fit almost perfect with no mods at all. I found the spacer plate that goes behind the "lock plate"? is too thick to make things line up so I used thinner washers there. I will take pics tomorow of it. I am happy with the setup, just needed to be tweeked.

L8tr

Back