Tie down 09 for transport

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Wondering if anyone has some pictures of their bike tied down on a trailer. Like to know the safest contact points on the bike without breaking or bending something while traveling to North Carolina in September for some mountain riding.

Thanks, Rick

Sorry I don't have a pic--but when I do transport the bike I use a canyon racer on the front bars. I don't pull it too tight--just enough to keep the front end from bouncing around. I then use straps hooked to the passenager pegs to hold the rear. In addition, I use a wheel chock to help hold the front tire. Don't use cheap tire down straps. I bought heavy duty tie downs--yes more expensive than the Wally world types, but I don't believe in trusting your prized bike to $3.00 straps. Just my opinion!

get some good ratcheting straps and a canyon dancer. i haul mine with the canyon dancer, and one strap through the back wheel and around a couple time to eliminate any side to side movement.

be careful strapping the front down, you can break your controls.

the original style is the one i use.

http://www.canyondancer.com/Products.aspx

Last edited:
My personal preference is the Pit Bull strapless system. It holds the rear down using the axle and the placing pins in the axle. On the front I use a regular wheel chock. It is a bit prricey but well worth it.

Pit Bull rear.jpg

get some good ratcheting straps and a canyon dancer. i haul mine with the canyon dancer, and one strap through the back wheel and around a couple time to eliminate any side to side movement.

be careful strapping the front down, you can break your controls.

the original style is the one i use.

Canyon Dancer Inc.

I like that type for sure. do you see a problem using Heli-bars with that original style set up?

My personal preference is the Pit Bull strapless system. It holds the rear down using the axle and the placing pins in the axle. On the front I use a regular wheel chock. It is a bit prricey but well worth it.

That is a sweet set up but cant spend the money for that. Just bought exhaust and wifey not so happy (lol)

I have used the Canyon Dancer with Ancra tie-downs in my little 5'x8' open trailer several times long distance without any problems. I also bolt down sections of 2"x4" at the front wheel to prevent any turning of the front wheel.

I have used the Canyon Dancer with Ancra tie-downs in my little 5'x8' open trailer several times long distance without any problems. I also bolt down sections of 2"x4" at the front wheel to prevent any turning of the front wheel.

Bolting 2X4 is a must as you said. I going to be unsing a trailer from my friend and he has the front wheel chock built in so that wont be a problem. Thanks for your input.

Back