Thrown into the friend zone

Mr Droo

Registered
*** I'm not looking for consolation, pats on the back, or "sorry dude". I'm looking for shared experiences. ***

So, I meet a young lady on a dating site. We go out to meet for coffee. We talk, laugh, share experiences, etc. We chatted for 3 freaking hours.... When leaving, I gave her a hug (since she's very conservative). We texted back and forth the next couple of days and added each other on facebook. Then, I awoke this morning with an email saying she didn't want a relationship right now and wanted to learn more about me, but at this point only wanted to be friends, so she could again build a relationship with God.... Ok, fine.

I was thrown into the friend zone! OH NOES!

Alright guys and gals, tell me your "thrown into the friend zone" woes!

Move on!! Chances are as good as not that she is just gonna string you along at her convenience. Life is too short for grade school games.

To more directly follow your thread...been there and done that once. She met someone else about the same time and wanted to keep her options open.

Sorry dude, here's a pat on the back! :laugh:

I dated pretty much one girl back in HS and to this day wonder where it went wrong. Anyhow we broke up as teenagers do. Well a few months later she called me over cause she wanted help with her car. I go over, fix it, we start talking, she takes me by the hand and leads me inside. Long and short she threw it on me.

We're laying there, I asked what she was doing the next night, she said she had a date. One WTF look later she said she thought that since there was a history that was the best way to pay me but wants to be friends. I tried it, but simply couldn't.

Wimmins are nuts. At least she did it early instead of several months along wasting your time.

Last edited:
Sorry dude, here's a pat on the back! :laugh:

I dated pretty much one girl back in HS and to this day wonder where it went wrong. Anyhow we broke up as teenagers do. Well a few months later she called me over cause she wanted help with her car. I go over, fix it, we start talking, she take me by the hand and takes me inside. Long and short she threw it on me.

We're laying there, I asked what she was doing the next night, she said she had a date. One WTF look later she said she thought that since there was a history that was the best way to pay me but wants to be friends. I tried it, but simply couldn't.

Wimmins are nuts. At least she did it early instead of several months along wasting your time.

What are you complaining for? Atleast you got some….don’t hate the player, hate the game! Didn’t you ever hit it and quit it before?

i've got several just like that now...sometimes, it takes some time and looking like you don't care to get their interest (helps if you really don't care since you have several more you are seeing at the same time)...be a friend but NEVER be at their beck and call, make time with you be worth something!

keep a dozen or so rotating through and there is usually one or two available at any one time...i really hope certain people never read this :laugh:

You can never have to many friends. Just don't take her out and spend money on her. If she wants to go out make sure she knows you are JUST FRIENDS:laugh: You will fine the one for you when you are not looking. Trust me I know from experience. Without trying to offend you, Most people on dating sites are there for dating. Men and women both especially the younger crowd. Just enjoy life hang out with friends and she will come along. Good luck

Whatever happened to romance and courting and trying to earn it?
Maybe she likes you and just doesn't want to seem like a ho and be easy?
Do you like her? Is she worth chasing for a bit? Don't kill yourself but heck give it a chance.
Show a little determination. What are you looking for? An easy piece or a relationship with a nice girl l?

She told you she doesn't want a relationship now because she was starting to like and feel for you. Women do play games and if she's worth a little effort I would say give her a bit.

Ps....My wife when I first met her was two months out of divorce. We dated, got close and she hit me with same thing. She wasn't ready for a relationship, it was moving to quickly, she just wanted to be friends blah blah blah . It broke my heart because I was already hooked on the Latin love train but I backed off. We saw each other maybe once or twice a week as friends for lunch or dinner and slowly slowly she came around and we moved into a nice relationship.
Patience is a virtue and I'm glad as can be I didn't give up.

What are you complaining for? Atleast you got some….don’t hate the player, hate the game! Didn’t you ever hit it and quit it before?
Had that been the deal from the beginning I'd have ate it up with a spoon! The way the conversation went it was clear (I thought.) that she wanted to get back together and she knew I did. Believe me, not complaining about the payment just about what I thought the payment implied!

i had a much similar experience from a dating site, met the girl, took things slow and over the course of about a month, one of my greatest weaknesses was getting the better of me and i found that i was falling for this girl pretty hard, and as im preparing to take the "official relationship" plunge and make things official with facebook status and everything, she gets a preemptive strike with "oh your really great, but as a friend" and i had put some serious effort into that one, and it sucked big time,(this was like a year and a half ago) and it still has me majorly bummed out and pretty much undateable because of the feelings i have for her, i cant cut her out of my life because i think she is fantastic, but talking to her hurts like hell because i know it will never be what i want it to be

I married my high school sweetheart 14 years ago. I have no clue what you guys are going through. Sorry, but hang in there.. Once you find the right one, you won't even know it. It just happened for me, first time I saw her. I know, sounds cheesy, but its true for me.

:beerchug:

I married my high school sweetheart 14 years ago. I have no clue what you guys are going through. Sorry, but hang in there.. Once you find the right one, you won't even know it. It just happened for me, first time I saw her. I know, sounds cheesy, but its true for me.

:beerchug:

Whatever! :puke:
J/K buddy

Had that been the deal from the beginning I'd have ate it up with a spoon! The way the conversation went it was clear (I thought.) that she wanted to get back together and she knew I did. Believe me, not complaining about the payment just about what I thought the payment implied!

Then if I were you I would have figured out how to sabotage her car so you could collect more “paymentâ€￾ from her.

:thumbsup:

Jeez, I wish i'd had more friends like that when I was in my 20's and single!

I've never been in the friend zone, just perpetually in the "stringing the b*tch along" zone :rofl:

Back