rpms going INTO the red zone?

scooterlord

Registered
i got my haya 2nd hand and had never ridden another hayabusa again before, so I thought that what I am about to say is normal. but from what I read in some posts in the forum here maybe it's not normal.

my rpms go into the red zone. I mean really INTO the red zone (above 11k). my cbr wouldn't let me do that (it would limit it just before it entered the red zone).

this normal? is this harmful? cause the bike rises rpms so fast that sometimes I am fully in the reds when accelerating without noticing (for about a second). read about that TRE thing that removes this limit (?) maybe i have this on? HELP!

stock limiter is at 10,500 I thought....
rock.gif

look near the right side ram air tube under the tank....

there may be something aftermarket plugged in there or it may have just a resistor.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074731923 -->

I,m running the TRE on my 02 , but i don,t let it get in the red . I was wondering what gear u were getting into the red?
rock.gif

the stock tachs are known to read a little low... like maybe 500 rpms off... much past that, and its possible that something is wrong with the limiter. its not gonna hurt it if you do it a few times, but if your constantly doing it, and/or keeping it there, it does add up, and eventually will cause premature engine wear.

consider that as you become accustomed to the bike, you should not need to look at your tach or wait for a rev limiter to kick in to determine your shift point. if you are looking, its not a good thing, and a good rider shouldnt make use of a limiter, unless he is in sixth and shooting for the moon. learn to shift by sound and feel...

Yes, I believe in what CoolBUSA says... maybe you have PC installed and the previous owner was a greedy guy
smile.gif
going over the redline isn't good, I have a friend that destroyed his RF900 playing around with a PC on redline.
TRE doesn't affect the rpm limiter, at least Ivan's TRE.

how can i be sure that i have a pc installed or not? help me out. if it needs electrics then i don't have one, cause when i installed the alarm they said my electrics were untouched (just an idea...) help me out with this one..

..plus, i need a direct answer: is this normal? i mean, do your busas do that? mine is a 01 model imported from germany. :/ you people put the fear into me... i hope my bike is ok and the previous owner hadn't f*cked up with it before giving it away... (it has 12k km...) any other way except dyno (outta money at this point of my life) to make sure that the haya is mechanically ok? i hear no strange noises, seems to rev up really fast...

No offence but that is what a Tach. is for, limiter or not. Stay out of the RED zone. You will be fine if you hit it a few times. You will know when you hit the lmiter it will just back you way down.

i did directly answer your question above:

"its not gonna hurt it if you do it a few times, but if your constantly doing it, and/or keeping it there, it does add up, and eventually will cause premature engine wear."

and eventually will cause premature engine wear[/QUOTE]
It sure will cause wear.... How about picking up the parts that fly out the side of the motor in a bucket!!!! I know I had to build a second motor for my Stang from about 6 to 7 high over revs. I was dumb and should have had a rpm limiter on the motor. That lesson cost me thousands of dollars.. I had a rod break and put holes out the side of the motor and a piston into the head... The new motor has a limiter on it 475cid big block is now limited to 6300rpm. The new motor has been in the car now 2 years with no problems.. Get your limiter fixed plus watch the tack better. Good luck...

allthetoys3.jpg

stock limiter is at 10,500 I thought....
rock.gif

look near the right side ram air tube under the tank....

there may be something aftermarket plugged in there or it may have just a resistor.
The stock limiter is at 10,800 RPM's!

The stock tach is known to be OFF so just look at it a little closer or put it on the dyno. My tach indicates 11,200 on the gauge when the REV limiter kicks in(actually 10,800 verified on the dyno).

How much further in the RED does your tach read
rock.gif
??

As far as a resistor or TRE to disable the TOP speed restriction, they don't affect your REV LIMITER in 1st-4th gears! This should only affect 6th gear unless it was installed wrong, even then I don't think this would happen in 1st or 2nd.

If you are looking for a TRE on the bike, it will be on the Left side(as you sit on it), right where the tank hinges and lifts up. If you are plugging it into the right side Ram-Air duct connector, you have it in the wrong connection and it will probably trip the FI-light!

As NICKSLICK said, it won't hurt you once or twice but keep banging the REV LIMITER every time you ride and you can expect the motor to BLOW if something internally doesn't fail!

Josh
blues.gif

rock.gif

hmm, i guess i overexaggerated (just a bit
smile.gif
i pushed my haya to its rev limits and looks like that after it reaches 11k... around 11200 (maybe it was 11500) it was limited! phewww.. glad it stopped. so i guess that by the tach showing slightly higher i am within the rev limiter, right? plus, i never did redline any of my bikes, this one though takes some time to get used to its fast acceleration
smile.gif
btw, didn't get the chance to thank you for the welcome
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

my tach is off by 440 rpms at 10000 rpm..(10440 on dyno at 10k indicated on gauge). Limiter reads off of crank trigger rpms according to my tech guy, so should kick in before tragedy ensues....

the stock tachs are known to read a little low... like maybe 500 rpms off... much past that, and its possible that something is wrong with the limiter. its not gonna hurt it if you do it a few times, but if your constantly doing it, and/or keeping it there, it does add up, and eventually will cause premature engine wear.

consider that as you become accustomed to the bike, you should not need to look at your tach or wait for a rev limiter to kick in to determine your shift point. if you are looking, its not a good thing, and a good rider shouldnt make use of a limiter, unless he is in sixth and shooting for the moon. learn to shift by sound and feel...
what your not supposed to shift when the limiter kicks wholey poop ive been doing it all wrong been my shift point for years I always thought that was what they put that there for it seamed like an idiot proof way to go fast well be sure if my bike ever hits the board for sale to turn and run away run far away and dont look back itll be a big hayagoosegg JUST GOOFING AROUND thank god its friday

scooterlord, glad everything's ok w/ your babe
smile.gif

but like NICKSLICK wrote "learn to shift by sound and feel..." because hitting the limiter isn't nice and steals half of the fun of a clean shifting
wink.gif

Back