Idiling rpms

Strickland604

Registered
I have a 06 busa what should my rpms be at idole? When I first crank it it idoles for a brief second and goes dead the next time I start it it stays running. Also on take off it will sometimes hesitate I was told by a individual that it should idole at 1500 rpms is this correct. Because mine is at 1000 right know plus the bike only has 100 miles on it.

Idle should be at 1100-1150. Easy adjustment to make, but sometimes it slips and needs a readjustment.

thumb_up.gif

At least 1200, it will also affect your rev limits. Easy adjustment, get er done..................

I was told I would not have to use the choke on this bike by the dealership unless I wanted to control the idole after I Installed the aftermarket exhaust.  I have a 06 GSXR 750 that I do not have these problems with.

Yes they did but they told me it was useless and they did not know why it was put on the bike. I thought That was kind of stupid but this is my first Busa.

i guess im gonna be the first to post this but 1400 is what my builder suggests for better oil circulation reasons

btw, 99% of what he builds are busas. been building hi performance engines for 20 yrs.

About the "choke". Since no one bothered to explain it to the new guys. It is not a choke. It is a fast idle. It accomplishes the same thing, but not in the same manner. Using the words "choke" and "tre" will get you a lot a wise cracks here.

Don

Back