Engine cutting out/running poor...sometimes?!?

criomega

Donating Member
Registered
So Thanks to Goldenchild for hooking me up with a great price on some like new replacement parts My bike cranks over nice and smooth again.

Ok please tell me something is wrong and that everyones busa isn't like this other problem I'm having. 02 busa,9000 miles Mods are smart TRE, D&D slip ons, PCIII and sprockets. When the bike is hot or cold this is how it starts, Hit the high idle/choke, turn on the key hit the start button it cranks over but doesn't fire (3-4 secs cranking doesnt matter if I crank it for a full minute it will not even spit) turn the key off and back on hit the starter again it will normaly fire and idle for a second or 2 then stall, turn the key off and on again, start it it will idle at about 1000-1100 rpms long as I leave it alone (throttle) if I turn it off then on again and start it it will idle on high idle  at 3000rpms like it should. all good I can turn the choke/high idle off or at least down after about 30-60 seconds and ride away no problem.

So it was much worst than that before the TRE then I added the PC3 and that helped alittle more. It fouled a set of plugs trying to start it so I fiured it need a PC3 but I added the TRE weeks before and my god that made a night and day difference and like I said the PC3 help more on top of that.

The PC3 D&D tune took a ton of fuel out of the low end and fattened up the top end but I had to go in and make my own tune because with the D&D tune the top end feel on its face like someone was grabing a handfull of brake. I dont have any plug fouling problems now because I used the D&D tune specs from 1000-4000 rpms and cut the fuel but used the factory specs (zero) from 4k rpms up and the bike runs great at that spec except...
from time to time I'll be cruising along say at 5-6k rpms say 5 or 6th gear and go to hit the gas and have no power at all it will keep power to maintain the rpm I'm at but even if I downshift 5-6k rpms is all shes got. I can pull over yell at the bike and start going again and all is fine or sometimes I may have to shut the bike off and restart it (see first paragrph) and that will fix it and then sometimes it will just pick back up again without me doing anything...?!?!

Does anyone have any idea why these thing are happening or has anyone else ever had these thing happen to there busa?

Sorry for a long post!
ohthedrama.gif

with just slip ons you shouldnt NEED a pc3 you fouled the plugs yourself as you stated so I dont think your too rich but w/o proper map you may be now?? But with the age of the bike you probably need to get the injectors professionally cleaned and check your fuel filter when did it get changed last it sounds like filter is gunked up and you may need to get fuel pump cleaned also.

Sounds like the TPS is on its way out.. Maybe the connector needs to be inspected/cleaned.

How cold is it on the mornings you have a hard time starting and warming it? Extremely low temps will make it lag on start-up attempts. This also points to the paragraph below due to cold versus warm metal's electrical conductivity characteristics.

Everything else mentioned in the above posts should be checked and serviced. Look at all of your electrical connections for the fuel system. If the bike has been dismantled and reassembled this could be the culprit. Also, any excessive heat building up in the electrical wiring due to faulty installation to include incomplete tightening could have everything to do with this problem since it affects the grounding and transmission of electricity. Therefore, operation of said functions depends on correct re-installation.

I'll take the fuel filter out and clean the pump. See if that changes anything.

oh and btw its funny but the bike seems to start and run first try now that I put the new starter clutch in. Goldenchild sells parts that are magical or something...lol. I love it when you fix one thing and something else unrelated gets fixed, then again most of the time it works the other way around that you fix one thing and something else f's up.

Your Welcome,if you don't fgure it out,when you got time and can work on the bike call me and I'll help ya..

need to know the fuel pressure.... sounds pretty much like a pump going south..

Back