Three bike inspections yesterday

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Tag renewal coming up, over here we need bike inspections for the DMV. I had a dentist appointment, done by about 2:30 PM, so off to the Harley dealer for bike inspections.

Get there with the Harley, I'm told it's about $13.80 to pull the bike into the shop and I can pay when they finish bike number 3.

Mechanic checks lights, brakes goes to the computer, puts in the data and hands me a paper. So I tell him thanks will be back in a minute.

This time I come back on the Husky, there are only a few in NC. The shop has a grey gravel pavement leading into the entrance. So I broadside around the corner gravel flying and into the shop. Everyone laughs and come over to look at the bike. Mechanic checks lights, but nothing works, because if a Husky motor is not running, nothing works. So I help the mechanic and we enter the stuff into the computer. Hands me another piece of paper and I tell him thanks, I will be back in a minute.

Round number 3, I arrive with the Busa and pull into the shop. Got a few dirty looks from some Harley guys parked in front of the showroom, but who cares right? This time the mechanic tells me he is not even going to check anything, because he knows I take care of my bikes. So while he is punching stuff into the computer, there are four mechanics and a new Harley owner admiring the ape hangers they just fitted on a new Soft Tail. I walk over and my inspection mechanic comes over as well, asking me which of my bikes I like most. Naturally I tell him there is nothing that compares or comes close to a Busa. The other mechanics comment that I sure do not look like a Harley dude and we all smile. So, I ask the apehanger owner what's up with his apes and he tells me he is too fat and his gutt gets in the way with normal bars and we all laugh. I ask if he thinks he can do long distance touring and be comfortable with his hands up in the sky? The mechanics comment and say they wonder about the same thing? Then the apehanger owner asks me if I think I can eat a V-Rod with my Busa. I commented that I'm not sure that I would need more than second gear, but any doubt third gear is all I need to kill a V-Rod. So the one mechanic says. "If he put apehangers on them rice rocket there, he will be blown off in first gear, cause them Busas do more than 100 mph in first gear." We all had a laugh, I went back to the front to pay my bill and new tags are on their way.

One thing I can say though, is I know all the folks at the Harley dealer and I wish Suzuki had dealerships who are that helpful and friendly. They sure know how to run a dealership, while Suzuki don't seem to bother.

haha nice.

Guess we're lucky here in the southwest that we dont have to have inspections done. You could say we're spoiled.

And im not sure what I woulda said about the v-rod comment. I guess maybe if I start from a stop in second, and have the bike in C mode, then we can talk... :laugh:

Yeah, got the Busa at PCP Motorsports. Service department guys are great, but the store is a mini-mall of things with motors. Service department has so many different types of wheeled devices, looks like the Star Wars bar. They sell Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and I think Polaris. Watercraft, four-wheeled contraptions, the works. Very impersonal and the sales people don't seem to know the inside baseball on any particular product. It's all just that...product to sell and be done with.

Funny but when I pull my Hayabusa into Sac Harley, everyone admires it, no wise cracks or snotty comments. No one really gives a ****, it's all good. the service department is great, and immaculate. Nothing but Snap-On tool carts and everything clean as a doctor's office; they really have it down there.

:thumbsup: Sounds like a great time to me! I'll agree with your last comments...I don't enjoy ANY of the sport bike shops in my area at all. They don't even bother giving you the time of day. When I did try to get some service done under warranty from a shop I didn't buy from, oh man, what a run-a-round that was...by the end of it all, I was pretty much told 1) you don't know how to ride the Busa :wtf: 2) don't ever bother calling us 3) if you come back, you'll be ignored anyway...

Way to go sport bike shop! :moon:

I did find a Ducati shop I trust...beyond that, I work on my baby... :)

Last edited:
I get my Busa's inspected at the local Harley shop as well. I think they get a kick out of pulling them around:thumbsup:

I never have had my bike at the local suzuki shop.....just the wheels.

Sadly I get much better customer service at a Harley shop than I have at any LOCAL sportbike shops. I can't say all sportbike shops because the one I bought the Busa from was actually pretty nice, but they are two hours north of me. The import shops REALLY need to work on customer service.

Sadly I get much better customer service at a Harley shop than I have at any LOCAL sportbike shops. I can't say all sportbike shops because the one I bought the Busa from was actually pretty nice, but they are two hours north of me. The import shops REALLY need to work on customer service.

Agreed...the shop I bought my Busa from was awesome, but it's nearly 4 hours from where I live, so not convenient for service...the local shops that are supposed to service Suzuki, worthless. I did contact corporate and all I received was a letter stating they were sorry, blah blah blah...just another form letter as far as I was concerned, and I know for a fact, I'm not the first, nor the last to complain about the shop I'd written them about.

Never had issues with the Harley shop beyond just being able to get in and out. The one near me is the ONLY one around, so it's constantly busy as hell...

If I pay WAY too much money for substandard performance, the guys that talked me into that purchase BETTER be nice to me! :laugh:

I had a great Suzuki shop, but I also went out of my way to get to know the guys. It really helped. I have since moved and don't feel good about the local shop........

"If I pay WAY too much money for substandard performance, the guys that talked me into that purchase BETTER be nice to me..."

Fat Stig (and I love that moniker!), you got my Harley mixed up with some other old fart's ride. Mine has plenty of stonk for any bike, and for a Harley it's a fire burner. Gonna have to strap yer bad old self on my extra Harley some day and open yer eyes son... ;- )

Tq

i'm lucky that i have a pretty good local shop...like Spkrdctr, i spent time stopping in and getting to know the guys on the floor and in the shop...i didn't buy my bike from them but have gotten great service anyway :beerchug:

Im from NC (Raeford) and will never let my SC tags go!! Hopefully I will never have to worry about that Stealership treatment!!

Back