Thoughts on the Yamaha FZ1?

The B-King would be an option if a) they hadn't discontinued it and b) it wasn't so obnoxiously huge. I love the idea of it. It looks great on paper, but the thing is just gigantic in real life. If they could have managed the size of the thing to a more human level, I'd be all over it.

I previously owned a black 2002 FZ1 with a yoshi slip-on and full engine fairings. It was a good all around bike and its straight line acceleration and speed would surprise a lot of supersports. I now own a 2008 busa which obviously is in a different performance league, but a more expensive bike.

My Buddy just got one and its a hell of a performing bike with him at the helm. Its a little odd looking but then again so's my Busa but I'm crazy in love with my bike. The Yamma looks like it sits too high and naked to boot. The little windsheild doesn't work for me. His grey looks sharp with the silver motor bolt caps. I wouldn't buy one but I bet its a blast to ride. If you like it by all means go ahead. The price is right. Lastly, I think the Gixer is awesome and looks great. That's what I'd get if there were no Hayabusas.

Yamaha's SUK IMO!!
I learned this back in 1983 when my first dirtbike was a dt100 thur the years I bought a VMAX cause its a one of a kind. 4 engines after 8 years I learned Yamaha just doesnt build an engine to withstand my daily stress tests. I will NEVER own another Yamadawg.
If your not a hard rider I am sure they are good bikes. They just dont hold up under extreme riding I learned.

Back