Those with HID... help me out here.

HMan

Registered
I've been adjusting my low beam trying to bring my light pattern DOWN to fill in the hole where my high beam goes. However, I'm not having much luck. How did you all bring it down? I'd have a lot more useable light on the ground if I could do this as well as not needing my high beam.

Just so I know. Which way do you turn the bolt (if you were looking at the bolt from the rider seat) to bring the reflector down?

Seems like your the only person that has experience this problem, HMan. Have you installed the HID light into the light housing correctly ? There is a top and bottom side of the HID light.

The Left side adjustment (sitting in the seat looking forward) moves the beam side to side horozonally!

The Right side adjustment moves the high beam up and down vertically. Turn the adjustment screw clockwise to move the beam downward. Turn the adjustment screw counterclockwise to move the high beam upward!

Be sure you have the high beam bulb seated in place properly. It is very easy to let the little spring clamp pop out of the holder. That will screw up any attempts to adjust the beam.

The Left side adjustment (sitting in the seat looking forward) moves the beam side to side horozonally!

The Right side adjustment moves the high beam up and down vertically. Turn the adjustment screw clockwise to move the beam downward. Turn the adjustment screw counterclockwise to move the high beam upward!

Be sure you have the high beam bulb seated in place properly. It is very easy to let the little spring clamp pop out of the holder. That will screw up any attempts to adjust the beam.
Not to be rude but I know everything you posted except for which way to turn the screws.

Thanks for that though. :-)

BTW, I'm adjusting the low beam. Not the high beam.

FIRST OFF... looking into the headlight housing at the bulb.

There is a metal wire running along the glass of the bulb. The anode if ya will. Make sure it's on the bottom at 6 O clock. If it's up top you will be spotting for snipers in the trees. also make sure the base of the bulb is sitting flat. If it's cocked in the holder it's always off and usually high. FYI!. WIRE SIDE DOWN!.

JD

smile.gif

Back