Adjusting the headlight... help?

HMan

Registered
Since putting my HID headlight in I've determined that the low beam definatly could use some reaiming. I have a lot of useable light up high in a band while I have a hole down low where my high beam goes.

I think if I bring the low beam down I'll lose the hole and have a lot more light out in front of me where it belongs instead of up in the trees.

Problem is, last time I had the nose off I wasn't looking to adjust the beam but thinking back it just doesn't come to me how to make the adjustment. I remember two bolts catacorner from one another on the headlight housing but thats all I can recall.

So, before I take the nose off tomorrow morning I just thought I'd get some info from you guys on doing this.

No need to remove the whole nose section. Just remove bottom plate of nose. I think theres 6 push-in clips to remove. The plate will easily come out. To adjust either low or high beam, you turn the bolt that is situated on the right side (throttle side) of either the low or high beam. This is the vertical adjustment. The other bolt is the horizontal adjustment. The high beam is easy to get at, while the low beam is more difficult. I've adjusted mine by just using a socket, they turn pretty easy. Hope this helps.

No need to remove the whole nose section. Just remove bottom plate of nose. I think theres 6 push-in clips to remove. The plate will easily come out. To adjust either low or high beam, you turn the bolt that is situated on the right side (throttle side) of either the low or high beam. This is the vertical adjustment. The other bolt is the horizontal adjustment. The high beam is easy to get at, while the low beam is more difficult. I've adjusted mine by just using a socket, they turn pretty easy. Hope this helps.
I've got the tabs out but something else is holding it. Is there something I'm missing?

It should pull back once the clips are out. Its a long reach up to the vertical lowbeam adjuster.
Like oldguy said. Just gotta contort your hand up and around in a weird way, but it can be done.
tounge.gif

This is aggravating. I can't get the black piece to come out. Something is holding it in place.

If you're sure you've got all the clips out try wiggling it from side to side while pulling it backwards. I know mine was in there pretty tight and wedged into the other panels.

Back