STARTUP
200701032205_00113.jpg

WARM
200701032206_00117.jpg

STARTUP
200701032207_00118.jpg

WARM
200701032207_00119.jpg

Maybe I will be doing a HID retrofit with the stock housing, HID projector lens for both High and Low beam.  Has this been done before? I know there has been an Infinity Q45 lens retrofitted, replacing the stock halogen reflector on the Busa.

Rather I should ask first, how is the HID light in the stock halogen reflector?  I read on cars that halogen reflector works twice as hard to reflect the halogen light onto the road, that HID light in the housing would not look right. Also states that you will have the halogen light pattern that would be brighter, but not wider and longer throw in distance which is why retrofitting HID reflector or HID projector in place of halogen.

Users of HID on the Busa, I ask, is just dropping in the HID sufficient enough? Meaning you don't need a different beam pattern to focus light to you your peripherial etc.  Also I have 6k for Low and 10k for High, Can the halogen projector withstand the HID bulb? I know someone here atleast had to upgrade the high beam.  My kit should be here pretty soon, I will find out exactly tomorrow.

Thanks for your time
smile.gif

I very happy with my HID in the low beam stock lens.

Huge improvement in daytime visibility and huge improvement in seeing the road at night.

When I installed my HID about a year ago it made a big difference. I also used the 6K low beam. The guys I ride with cannot believe how bright it is. You will not be dissapointed.

No expert, don't have them. If you do a search I believe you'll find lots of good info with install pics in one case. From memory I think 6K is the max for good light on the Busa. Check it out and let us know how your install goes.

beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ Jan. 01 2007,20:29) No expert, don't have them. If you do a search I believe you'll find lots of good info with install pics in one case. From memory I think 6K is the max for good light on the Busa. Check it out and let us know how your install goes.

beerchug.gif
5k is the brightest and the whitest
wink.gif

I have 6000k in the low beam and 5000k in the high beam. To answer your question about how well an HID bulb works in a halogen project assy, it is incredibly bright. I very rarely have the Hi beam on but it is blinding.

Don

OK awesome to see that. Also I noticed that our light assymbly has a cut off for the halogen lamp so thats pretty cool. I am asking is there a color change due to this cut off that you can see as you move toward it? Glad to see no problems in the projector aswell
smile.gif

6000k high and low beam. Quick install and WELL worth the money. With my kit you can have everything done in about 30 or so mins.

I just installed my 6k low, 10k high let me say this..

DAMN AND WOW!! AMAZING

6k is EXACTLY what I want from a light source, 10 Is beautiful with an light AQUA blue. 6k is CRYSTAL WHITE with a slight DIAMONE BLUE hue.

The halogen beam pattern surprise me, looked much better than I thought. Also my aiming on the lights are pretty spot on, only problem as with OEM hid setup aswell, because the light is so intense and defined, there will be a glare on uneven plains, but same level I am mid door level. I love the flicker when you turn on the lamp, and also when it flickers as the light starts. I noticed from halogen that the halogen light dems when the engine is not turning, HID output is constant and no hitch in performance during the transition.

You are going to love it. I rode home,125 miles, from the fall busa bash after dark in the rain last year and did not have any problem seeing.

Georgiabusa_05 you are so right, I will definately love them as I love them now lol. And thats good you mention because I ride in the rain. Infact raining tomorrow.  Thanks for the link BigGeorge I used one of the mounting places found on that bike
smile.gif
 Can't believe I got the kit for 149.97 for the mixed kit. I took some pics of just 1 hue of each light before start up with my cell.

STARTUP
200701032205_00113.jpg

WARM
200701032206_00117.jpg

STARTUP
200701032207_00118.jpg

WARM
200701032207_00119.jpg

Back