HID question

karnage

Registered
I had a quandry about the HID projector on the busa and why suzuki used a stock bulb in there instead of an HID.Isnt a projector actually made for an HID bulb??I tried my hi-beam in the projector and it sucks for making light.What if I ran my low beam HID in the projector and swap wires to run the regular hi-beam up top since its made for a normal bulb anyway??I dont think the beam would be any higher than normal.This winter I will retrofit a projector into the low beam unit if I can find just the projector by itself.

Also, if you notice the beam pattern on the high beam, the projector is actually upside-down from what it should be for an HID. The cutoff line is at the bottom of the beam rather than the top. Best I can tell.... It was mostly done for looks and headlight design to make it flow well with the way the nose was designed.

Oh I see but with a regular bulb in there its totally useless I think.I am going to look for a projector that will work with this housing and put one in myself and save some money

Do a search, someone did a great write up with pix years ago. You bake the headlamp assembly at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or is that the roast, anyway do the search brother.

Back