This "Yammie Noob" fella

200.gif

Latest from Yammie Noob and he has a bonified Hayabusa owner in the video with him...pretty good video actually

It was nice to hear someone speak about their experience of starting on a bigger bike, and do it without sounding like they only want a fast bike to impress other people. The amount of people that just assume you are guaranteed to die if you start on a liter bike, or something like hayabusa bothers me at times.

It was nice to hear someone speak about their experience of starting on a bigger bike, and do it without sounding like they only want a fast bike to impress other people. The amount of people that just assume you are guaranteed to die if you start on a liter bike, or something like hayabusa bothers me at times.
I know many people who have started on very large cruiser or tour bikes without a word said to them...

Having a first bike being over 900lbs isn't an easy thing either...especially if the rider is a senior citizen...

I know many people who have started on very large cruiser or tour bikes without a word said to them...

Having a first bike being over 900lbs isn't an easy thing either...especially if the rider is a senior citizen...
Oh I'm not saying everyone should just jump straight to a liter bike or a large cruiser, but to say it is a death sentence is just silly to me. I'm just a big believer in buying the bike YOU want and fits your personal riding goals.

Some people just want to read online reviews and buy the bike that is rated the best starter bike and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But there also isn't anything wrong with starting on a Hayabusa like the guy in that video did.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded due to being 150lbs and being told hundreds of times I have no business on a large CC bike for the last 20 years I've been riding.

Oh I'm not saying everyone should just jump straight to a liter bike or a large cruiser, but to say it is a death sentence is just silly to me. I'm just a big believer in buying the bike YOU want and fits your personal riding goals.

Some people just want to read online reviews and buy the bike that is rated the best starter bike and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But there also isn't anything wrong with starting on a Hayabusa like the guy in that video did.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded due to being 150lbs and being told hundreds of times I have no business on a large CC bike for the last 20 years I've been riding.
It has a lot to do with maturity I think....some of the young fellows I had on courses couldn't wait to get out and tear it up..it wouldn't have mattered what they were riding, it could be a 250 or a Hayabusa and they'd still be dangerous...

There are hundreds if not thousands of videos that back that up and wrecking yards full of bikes from what I call immature, in experienced and over-confident riders.

A bike will only go as fast as the rider wants to go.

The amount of people that just assume you are guaranteed to die if you start on a liter bike, or something like hayabusa bothers me at times.
Me too.

And there is some merit to learning on a big bike. A 25 mph/40 kph crash is still ugly, regardless - the point being control - and I take issue with the argument that smaller bikes are more forgiving during the learning phase. Lighter, yes, but that's not the point I'm reaching for here.

I still agree that it's more fun to go fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast bike, but the only thing better than a 200 in dirt is a 1340 on pavement.

Back