This weeks shop projects

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Since I'm a total moron and can't figure out how to post multiple pictures at one time, I'll load one at a time....have about 12 in total.
First three pics are of the nearly finished prototype of our rearstand......please tell me what you guys would like in a rearstand......knock the hell out of it if you see fit......criticism makes for a better product!!
swingarm rest (pictured) or spool rest are optional.
Holes in top and handle will be capped.
Not sure if I'm stayin with this handle, or goin smaller so I can put a motorcycle grip on the handle with your bikes name on it; ie the Busa grip, or the GSXR grip.
Please give me advise on what you'd like to see in a rear stand, and I'll change it if need be!!!

Please give me a few minutes to post all pics
Thanks folks
Bill

frontofstand.jpg

Here's an 89 inch motor we just had built for a customers bike......full ground up custom.

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082951688 -->

89inchengine.jpg

Prototype of the Outlaw Fatty T bar for HD.
6 variations of this bar with different mounts, rises, and pull-backs will be available.
Currently working on our 1.5 inch Fatty drag bar too......should be done in two weeks.
Adding a line of Metric cruiser bars soon also.

frontbar.jpg

And a Candy green/flamed paint job finished today.....not super fond of the color myself, but the customer loved it.
I do like the fact that it's a bit of a different color though!!

greenlefttank.jpg

all right then, Monstah!

How much fer two of those stands? One front and one rear? No spools on the bike, but I'd be willing to pick up a set from you if the price is right...

everything looks awesome as usual Monsta....

the only thing I dont care for in yer rear stand , is the handle . That handle will be a great selling feature , especially with a cool Busa(or similar) type grip on it. I'm also guessing some type of rubber will be glued to the supports to protect polished/chromed swingarms , an' also to prevent slippage .

I also prefer "model specific" stands....them flimsy spring loaded type carriers are just not my thing .

Thing is, that handle is just askin to hook-up on someones pant leg,shoe lace,air line, extention cord etc etc....

anyway...I'm fond of these, Anaconda,built in Burnaby.

hav a good one monsta....Rubb.

Picture_002.jpg

everything looks awesome as usual Monsta....

the only thing I dont care for in yer rear stand , is the handle .  That handle will be a great selling feature , especially with a cool Busa(or similar) type grip on it.  I'm also guessing some type of rubber will be glued to the supports to protect polished/chromed swingarms , an' also to prevent slippage .

I also prefer "model specific" stands....them flimsy spring loaded type carriers are just not my thing .

Thing is, that handle is just askin to hook-up on someones pant leg,shoe lace,air line, extention cord etc etc....

anyway...I'm fond of these, Anaconda,built in Burnaby.

hav a good one monsta....Rubb.
Yeah.....wasn't to sure of the handle myself.....liked it originally cuz it's high, and easy to grab....not sure anymore!!
The arm holders pictured are dipped in RUBberized coating.
And it'll also have rubber snubbers on the bottom to protect paint/powdercoat/chrome stand finish.
As far as model specific goes......I'm willing to try anything, but the price would probably be higher if they are model specific, due to the need of multiple jig fixtures.
I've designed a simple adjustable swiveling spool holder for the bikes with spools, so you can just swivel the holder on the top and adjust to fit any number of bikes.
Machining starts this week on that peice....if only more time!!!

all right then, Monstah!

How much fer two of those stands? One front and one rear? No spools on the bike, but I'd be willing to pick up a set from you if the price is right...
Hey Pac.....have to get into full production of them before I'll know price for sure.
I'm gonna keep em cheap as I possibly can.
I'll let ya know when we're ready.
Cool! I'll wait fer yer word, Monstah.

BTW...the stand doesn't have to be all nice and good lookin'. Heck, I'll even take the one you showed just now. I would just like a stand to actually do some chain work and cleaning...as well as liftin up that front and clenin that up too. I plan on polishing the outer lips of the rims, so I would like to have the stands ready to keep 'er upright.

Nothing fancy required here...just something functional. Heheh...it could look like a monkey's a$$ with mange and I'd still use it...as long as it was reliable and functional.

Kinda like that old farm truck from the 50's....beat up, lookin like a POS, but could haul a$$ better than the new trucks.

But at any rate, I'll still wait on your word. Thanks again, Monstah!

I agree the handle could trip ya and bring yer bike down.

Hey Monster, What about a rear stand with castors? Three of them, two in place of the regular rollers, one small one by the handle? I think if you get the castors positioned right they would naturally flip around the right way for loading a bike, and the extra mobility could be a big bonus in moving the bike around. OR am I High? Oh and lower the handle a bit, I would worry about it getting in the way of the rear fender or other pricey body work during the loading/unloading process..

Paint looks awesome, really nice....

Hey guys....thanks for the opinions!!!
I like the castor idea Rev.....anyone else interested in stands on castors?
Pac......can't send ya something ugly bro......I'll get on it fast so they're ready soon.
Kinda worried about shipping all the way there.....might be pricey!!
Guess that settles it......a low handle then hey folks.
Now would ya rather see a loop handle, or a straight bar handle with a bike grip on it?

oooooooooo, Bill u did it again... That paint is niiiiiiiiiiice

Hey guys....thanks for the opinions!!!
I like the castor idea Rev.....anyone else interested in stands on castors?
Pac......can't send ya something ugly bro......I'll get on it fast so they're ready soon.
Kinda worried about shipping all the way there.....might be pricey!!
Guess that settles it......a low handle then hey folks.
Now would ya rather see a loop handle, or a straight bar handle with a bike grip on it?
I would shoot for the loop handle, Monstah. I think there'll be less of a chance for something to get caught on it.

In regards to sending me sumptin' ugly, no worries, bro! I'll know that it came from you, and that itself is priceless.

I mean that one, bro!

Back