Aluminum Grips vs Rubber Grips(Stock)

sk8snw8s

Registered
I'm interested in knowing if slippage may occur when giving your bike gas with aluminum grips compared to the rubber grips?

These are nice grips but I know the rubber grips with the leather gloves will give better handling with out sliding or maybe some slippage especially if you get caught in the rain.

So will these aluminum react the same? It just seems to me that if your not gripping these hard enough they won't give the quick reaction or slide more easily while turning your throttle due to the aluminum to leather glove feel.

f010_1.jpg

If they were knurled, or something like that it probably wouldn't be a problem, but I would worry about slipping.

It looks like the "Hayabusa" is on both sides, so that would probably go some way to alleviate the slip, but I would prefer rubber.

I have never slipped on mine with gloves.

Riding bare handed they are a problem.

DSC04335.jpg

gotta be uncomfortable to ride any distance with metal grips... that and they have to be hot as heck in the summer time... not for me...

(Sloto200 @ Feb. 25 2007,17:06) gotta be uncomfortable to ride any distance with metal grips... that and they have to be hot as heck in the summer time... not for me...
Both concerns do not exist with a good set of gloves.

If you ride barehanded you will not last long.

Heavybusa pretty much nailed it.....I have the billet bar ends and hayabusa engraved billet grips and I've had no issues regarding slip. As stated, a good set of gloves will definitely negate that problem. Going bare handed is a no no however, as mad slippage will occur. Lots of folks would be concerned with vibration being transferred to your hands w/the metal grips but it's not enough to annoy you. Be safe.

Depends on what kind of riding you like to do. If you ride aggressive twisties I would go with the stock or some other rubber variant. The less weight you have on your handlebars the better when rocketing through the turn (ideally you want all your weight on the ball of your foot on the inside peg of the turn and shift to the outside peg as you come out of the turn).

They look pretty cool, but I would prefer the rubber because sometimes I'm barely trying to hold onto the throttle to relax my hand and even with a good pair of gloves I know I would have to squeeze slightly harder to have as good a grip.

Rubber slightly compensates for some of the vibration as well.

donno...I ever want that
rock.gif
mostly, want to get some gel padded gloves or rubber something on the grip area...are you sure? want some metal in der...
rock.gif

rock.gif

I was going to get the same grips but in stead I got rubber hayabusa grips. I didn't want to worry all the time about slipage or that they get HOT sitting in the sun. They look great but for piece of mind and safty I'd stick with rubber. If you still want kool grips I think the pic below would give you a better grip and less likely to slip.
super.gif

BLUEGRIPS.jpg

(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,10:06)I have never slipped on mine with gloves.

Riding bare handed they are a problem.

I have to agree with Greg. I have never used rubber grips on any of my bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have billet hayabusa engraved grips and at first they were a little slippery bare handed when I got them compared to the Harris grips I had, but now they are fine. Don't pollish them too much. Good gloves on and no problem at all. You should wear gloves anyway.
Cons: On the cold days they're like holding onto icecubes...they pull the heat right out of your hands. I'm keepin' mine

grips.jpg

Back