this sucks

warwgn

Hi,I'm Dustin.Do you like my dancing
Donating Member
Registered
This sucks, my company is gonna have another layoff very soon, this is the 3rd one since I have worked here. I think I am safe but you never know so I have put out a couple resumes on the net to see what happens. I hope something else comes up that I like, I am worried about job security with this company weather I make it through the lay off or not I am not very confident this company will remain a viable entity.

Oh well, not a big deal just a pain in the backside. I just hope I don’t have to resort to actively looking for a job because that is stressful and sucks.

I have been working my tail off lately to keep our current contract on line and profitable, so that why I haven’t been around much. If I get canned they will lose the contract within 3 months due to lack of control and my boss knows it so he says I am safe. I don’t want to put my family’s welfare on his thoughts since he is not the final say in it, the board of directors and Tribal council will set the guide lines for who goes. That little bit of politics puts me on the chopping block since I am a non tribal member and most of my time is on indirect charge they may think they can do with out me and let a tribal member do my job.
ices_rofl.gif
That would be fun to see.

Anyway I am done venting and better go crack the whip for a while.

I am not sure that the job search would really be that more stressful than what you are undergoing now. With what you have said about the company's well being, I would step up the job search efforts. It is always easier to find a job when you have a job for some reason. I think it is so true. I have interviewed candidates in the past and those currently working sure seemed more desirable than those that were jobless. You could sense desperation in those without a job and it made them seem less like a viable option. Just my two cents and I do hope everything works out for you and your family!

wow I have been there, good luck, but it worked out for me, could be a blessing in disguise...It could get you a better job, but it is still stressful to go thru

(inthexring @ Mar. 30 2007,11:30) wow I have been there, good luck, but it worked out for me, could be a blessing in disguise...It could get you a better job, but it is still stressful to go thru
Very true everything happens for a reason, hang in there.

Just MHO from local experience: There is no job security with the tribes. Members are not exempt from the axe either as the council often times "redefines" membership parameters.
wink.gif

sorry to hear about this...i've been through a layoff before while married and it is stressful...here's hoping everything works out for the best and you end up where you are supposed to be
beerchug.gif

Sorry, bud. Join the club. Looks like you still have your head for now though.

I've been there, but under slightly different circumstances. My division was purchased by another company and my job was deleted. I was offered a severence package (4wks pay for every year, and I had 15 yrs at the time). Needless to say that I opted for the severence because I couldn't trust the company to offer me another job that would be satisfying to me. So Good Luck and I pray that all works out for you and your family. Never fun to be out of work. I was out for 6 months, and couldn't find a job to save my life. I'm under the assumption that unless you are a professional (i.e. doctor, lawyer, etc.), a college education means absolutely squat sometimes. Believe me, I have a Master's Degree, and did some cross-country searches and the ones that offered something, just didn't pay enough to make it feasible to manage in an area with a higher cost-of-living.

Sorry to hear, hope everthing goes well. Another reason I am glad to be self employed, there is little chance I will lay off myself. Sounds like you are needed enough to prove your worth to the company, sure your boss will push that issue for you. It is all about the bottom line and if you are a positive than you should be alright in theory.

Don't feel bad man, i just got laid off myself this morning.

Northern Va here i come.

Hey U don't work (rite now) for an Australian Corp that is tryin to be taken over by a Mexican owned Corp are you? I do and its disturbing at best when there is uncertainty. I say ride that dyin horse into the ground! But put out the feelers for a better thing. I have every so often for 20 years of employment!
SHOCKED.gif
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear that, man. Hope you find yourself NOT laid off.

Keep me posted.

--Wag--

man that sux, hope it all comes out ok for you. What do you do? We have enough members here we should be able to network a bit and help each other out.
beerchug.gif

I hope it all works out for the best. Keep looking for that better job.

Back