This is why you buy from board sponsors!

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Note: This is a bit long winded, and may serve only as a written venting of my frustration. :whistle:

I purchased 6 orange L.E.D. lights on eBay last Wednesday. The eBay ad says all orders are shipped via Priority Mail. So I ordered on Wednesday and called them to verify that it would ship out same day. I call Thursday to make certain it shipped. One guys says no, the other says yes, but they have no tracking yet. Lie#1

So I tell them I don't care if it didn't ship, I need that product for the weekend because I'm tearing my bike down. So I send them another $33 for USPS Express Overnight. Friday comes, no package. :banghead: When I go to track the shipment, I see that it was postmarked at 6:44PM the night before, 44 minutes past the deadline. I phone them and ask, they say that it isn't guaranteed until 3PM and that I should wait until that time, but the USPS website says 12PM Lie#2

Knowing now that I have been lied to twice, I know to expect the package on Saturday, not Friday. So I drive 80 miles round trip to my office, get the package and head back home.

Here is the email correspondence from that point forward.

Me said:
Mike,

Please credit my paypal account for overnight freight charges as the package was not delivered today. I assume you should be reimbursed as well since it is guaranteed.
Tracking # EO89 3066 834U S

Thank you,

Stephen Guyer

Seller said:
Stephen,

I spoke with the post office concerning this issues about the express mail. They said express mail is not a guaranteed service for over night. Lie#3 They said if it wasn't delivered over night than it wasn't eligible for a refund. Since we cannot recover any of the funds from usps unfortunatly we cannot refund any of the payment. I completely understand your frustrations with this but it's honestly out of our hands. We have no control over the post office and how fast they deliver. I really wish I could do something for you but the post office is not accepting any responsibility for this matter. Let me know what you wanted to do.

We appreciate your business.

Me said:
Mike, you're getting bad information, Express Mail is absolutely guaranteed as you can see here. The fact is, this shipment was dropped off at your local post office and time stamped at 6:44PM on Thursday, which is long past the overnight shipping deadline. So it appears that while the USPS did their job, you did not. I paid extra for a service that I did not receive. I had to travel 80 miles round trip to my office on a Saturday to pick this material up when it should have arrived Friday. If my original order had been handled per your eBay listing (Priority Mail) and shipped out the same day on Wednesday (per our phone conversation that same day) this would likely not even be an issue. I called numerous times, emailed several times, all in an effort to work with you to make certain that there were no problems. I have exhausted far more money than this product is worth.

USPS guarantees Express Overnight.
I paid for Express Overnight.
I did not get overnight service.
Please refund the cost of shipping.

Stephen Guyer

Seller said:
Stephen,

Actually we shipped your package around 3:30 our time. It goes to our local post office in Portage than moves to Gary, IN. Since it was 6:44pm when it was stamped that was at the Gary, IN office. Post office is closed at 6:00pm so it's impossible for us to drop off the mail at 6:44pm. I'll talk to the post master about the refund but I was already told different. If we can recover some funds for shipping than we'll be more than happy to give that to you. We sold you 6 pods which are $24.99 EACH for $27.95 and offered free shipping. We are already making literally no money on this and now for us to pay $32.00 shipping and just eat it is not going to happen. We did everything you asked and have also exhausted way more time into this than it's worth. you paid $4 a pod... so please understand you got a great deal. I'll let you know my findings on the shipping refund.

Now, I am a very reasonable guy, but this just ticks me off. It's a very simple situation, promises of delivery were made, they were not followed, so I deserve to be refunded. I really don't care much about the $32-$33, and I have still wasted more time writing emails and this post, but I'm really angered by this cavalier attitude. If it were me, the moment someone pointed out that it is guaranteed by USPS, I would refund the money on the spot and deal with USPS later. I know I should just drop it, but dang it, I feel cheated.

I hate slow shippers... worse when they lie about it... EBay ID? :whistle:

Follow up (if anyone is interested.) I got my refund, but only because this guy thinks I'm blackmailing him. I don't think we're speaking the same language.

In reverse order, because I'm too lazy to rearrange at this point.

Stephen,

Im the most honest person you'll ever meet. I'm on your side here Stephen!!! If I get a refund of course I'll send that to you. I already inquired about this yesterday and they said the service wasn't guaranteed and no refund would be given. I'll print the info you gave me and see if things change. I do everything to help my customers but when you just demand this and demand that...again I am a very FAIR guy and would never get the best of my customers in any circumstance. All I am saying is we did you a favor and overnighted this so you can get all lit by this weekend. Now we gave you FREE lights, loose in all $12 and on top of it we get negative feedback. Glad to see how this worked out for us.

Whatever this whole situation is just messed up. I'm just going to refund you the $32.00 and eat it. I hope you at least enjoy your lights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Mike Owen <****************>
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:08:46 AM
Subject: Re: Shipping Refund: Item number: 170312183002

Express Mail Overnight is GUARANTEED. If you shipped it on Thursday and it did not arrive on Friday, you are entitled to a refund. Why should I not be refunded when you are entitled to a refund?

How difficult is this, really?

Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:56 AM
To: Stephen ******

Stephen,

Will you listen to yourself! You expect us to Pay your EXPRESS fee's and REFUND every penny of it?

You paid us $27.95 + $32.00 Express shipping.

Ok WE paid $32.00 to the post office leaving us with $27.95 after ebay fee's and processing your payment we might have $20.00 left. So of that $20.00 you expect us to send you now $32.00. So we get to ship you 6 pods for FREE and loose $12.00... Do you honestly expect us to loose $12.00 on this deal and ship all your lights FREE? This is exactly what your asking us right now.. I understand your pissed about not getting the lights but this IS NOT our fault. We shipped your lights at 3:30pm with NEXT day service. For you to DEMAND a refund and threaten us with a negative we didn't deserve is just DOWN RIGHT WRONG!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Mike Owen <***************>
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:flamethrowing::44 AM

Mike,

If you're literally making no money, I doubt you'll be in business long. Just keep the money and I'll be certain to let people know how you operate. You know very well that USPS Overnight is guaranteed. Whomever I spoke to over the phone, when I was making arrangements to pay for the extra freight, told me so when I inquired. I made certain that it was guaranteed and he said, "yes, it is guaranteed." So for you to hold back my refund while you attempt to negotiate with the post office is not only disingenuous, but downright unprofessional. Like I said, keep the money, you've wasted enough of my time already.

Stephen ******

Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:39 AM
To: Stephen ********

Stephen,

Actually we shipped your package around 3:30 our time. It goes to our local post office in Portage than moves to Gary, IN. Since it was 6:44pm when it was stamped that was at the Gary, IN office. Post office is closed at 6:00pm so it's impossible for us to drop off the mail at 6:44pm. I'll talk to the post master about the refund but I was already told different. If we can recover some funds for shipping than we'll be more than happy to give that to you. We sold you 6 pods which are $24.99 EACH for $27.95 and offered free shipping.. We are already making literally no money on this and now for us to pay $32.00 shipping and just eat it is not going to happen. We did everything you asked and have also exhausted way more time into this than it's worth. you paid $4 a pod... so please understand you got a great deal. I'll let you know my findings on the shipping refund.

Last edited:
It appears to me he is trying to work with you. Have you contacted the USPS?

...as far as vendors only....well, I have a shipping story for you as well, but I canceled my order to solve it.

Sometimes shid just happens...we only notice it when we are in need the most.:thumbsup:

...as far as vendors only....well, I have a shipping story for you as well, but I canceled my order to solve it.

Sometimes shid just happens...we only notice it when we are in need the most.:thumbsup:

He did refund me, so it's over and done with. I only wish he understood why I was asking for a refund. He thinks I am trying to scam him? :poke:

Sounds to me like they might have told you they were shipping over-night but shipped priority instead.

Agreed.... so you gave him a bad rating?

Agreed.... so you gave him a bad rating?

No, I was waiting to see how it worked out. While I can appreciate your opinions, I'm not sure how he was trying to work with me. It seems very cut and dry to me. ???

But hey, I'm will to admit mistakes. What do you think I did that was wrong?

It could be neither did anything wrong and are just caught up in shipping delays.

If the tag on your package says he shipped it next day..then he did his part. I agree with him on the postoffice is closed at 6:44pm.

If they could not get it to you next day, the Post Office should not have accepted it as a next day shipment. Therefore they are to blame for taking the $$ for that shipment.

....then again he could have gottten a refund and not telling you to make some more $$...who knows?:laugh:

No, I was waiting to see how it worked out. While I can appreciate your opinions, I'm not sure how he was trying to work with me. It seems very cut and dry to me. ???

But hey, I'm will to admit mistakes. What do you think I did that was wrong?

Orange L.E.D.s :laugh:

Orange L.E.D.s :laugh:

OUCH :rofl:

BlueHaya said:
If the tag on your package says he shipped it next day..then he did his part. I agree with him on the postoffice is closed at 6:44pm.
Yeah, I didn't really think that one through, did I? :whistle:

Check this out, LIE#4

He tells me in an email above that the dropoff cutoff time is 12:00 for Express Overnight?
USPS - Express Mail Service Commitments

From 46368 to 33605 says 6PM cutoff at the very same post office that he claims to have used to ship my package.

I should just leave this alone, I'm just getting all worked up over nothing. I just hate it when people lie to me. :banghead:

Last edited:
from USPS site:

We'll let you know where and when to ship your package and how soon it will be delivered (Next Day, Second Day, or Second Delivery Day, depending on the service commitment that was given at the time of acceptance). Guaranteed, or your money back.

If is was shipped Express and a commitment given of next day...he should have $$ coming back to him.

That's what I kept trying to tell him, and he kept replying that i was trying to cheat him out of money.

If I had known it would cause this much fuss, I would not have even bothered. I've expended $100 worth of anger over this. :laugh:

Sometimes even if you ship overnight thru usps it may say next day but really is 2 day as it could be a rural area that the truck may leave before overnight deliveries come in..I have this happen at my local post office often so I drive 1 hr round trip to next major town over and next day usually is next day but still sometimes run into what happen to you,and he is right there is nothing he can do....he took a loss...

But he did send it USPS Overnight Guarnateed, which is a money back guarantee. If he takes a loss, that's because he doesn't wish to pursue it.

trust me ! The only reason he gave you your money back is because he probably already have bad feedback and really couldn't afford anymore. When I use EBay I try to use companies with 99.9% or better. You have a better chance of them being honest.

But he did send it USPS Overnight Guarnateed, which is a money back guarantee. If he takes a loss, that's because he doesn't wish to pursue it.

Have YOU ever dealt with USPS...their shipping and tracking sucks :banghead:

I think the seller and the buyer in this deal got hosed...USPS gets paid every time...in the future plan for more shipping time AND realize that it is only guaranteed if ALL the requirements are met AND "the planets are in alignment"

Back