Shipping ebay item to Greece safe?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Anybody have any experience shipping item's overseas? I just sold a exhaust on ebay and the guy that bought it is located in Greece. I will have to ship it USPS because fedex or UPS is WAY to expensive. Even USPS will be close to $100 bucks.

Anything I should know? Specifically about customs and stuff?

I sold a custom Corbin CBX seat to a guy in the UK some years back and there was no problem with customs but the buyer got ripped for import taxes/fees or whatever because I had to correctly list the value of the item being shipped in case it didn't arrive and I had to collect on the insurance I bought for it. Insure it and get a return receipt notice so you'll know when it arrives. If the buyer is legit and you have your $$ before shipping, there shouldn't be a problem.

I stopped shipping out of the USA, for me the pain in the a$$ wasn't worth the pain in the a$$.

Do it all the time! Using paypal? Ship it delivery confirmed, with signature to cover your arss! It will be snagged in customs unless shipped as a gift. Too big to do that.:rulez:

I no longer ship out of the US. Here is why.

All they have to say to PayPal (if your using PayPal) is that you sent them an empty box. Then they get their refund.

Or they will say that you sent them the wrong item. PayPal will then tell them to ship it back to you (thinking that you will ship them the right item the second time). They (the buyer) will ship you back a bogus item in the same weight and say that they no longer want the item... They get their refund.

I worked for PayPal in NE for 3 months then quit to work for eBay. Im not saying everyone thinks this way but if the buyer decides to pull a fast one on you, your screwed because its over seas.

iv shipped all over the world at least 30 times with no problems from japan to russia to new zeland to israel any many others including greece.

Well I had ebay cancel the transaction. Its just to much money to risk. If it had been a small cheap item I would have shipped it but over $700 plus shipping is just to much to play with. I will probably get a bad feed back but thats ok.

Well, it depends on the feedback of the buyer! I get many things shipped from the US all the time with no problems.

Back