Ebay help... any experts out there ever sold a high ticket item?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered

Hey, any of my Busa Buddies Ebay experts? I have bought and sold about 100 items over the last 8 years all excellent feed back... but need some tips
I am helping my brother in law's uncle sell a high end vehicle ( over $50K )

Anyone of you ever sold high $ items on Ebay? Houses, boats, cars?

I am assuming to take a $500 deposit via PayPal then balance needs to be wired to our bank or cert/cashierss check wait till that clears then release the vehicle?

How much does Ebay charge on the higher priced items?

Any input is appreciated.

Kento

I sell vehicles now on ebay for the dealer I work with and have sold exotics before there as well.

Read this: Fees for selling on eBay Motors

Anything over $2000 is a flat $125. You're doing it right. Only tip I have would be to clearly state in bold letters as well in auction selection DEPOSIT DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF AUCTION CLOSE. We have had some folks click buy now or win auction and then give song and dance about how they need a few days to gather depo. A certified bank check is good with at least a 10 business day wait before delivery/shipping.
Clearly state condition of vehicle. If you include vin in auction a carfax will automatically be generated and clickable for potential buyers. Also clearly state warranty remaining or not. Things like AS IS NOW WARRANTY IMPLIED or factory power train warranty until x/x/x. Buyer needs to clearly with no mistakes possible understand what you are selling and what they are recieving. Take pics of things like tire tread left, dinged rims, any dents or scratches, mention any repaint, vin sticker inside door, inside trunk, weather strippings, under the hood. The more pics the better and more at ease everyone will be on the item.

Excellent info Blanca, I just called them and the guy on the phone was obviously from oversea's ... he didnt know much but finally came up with $125 listing fee and a $250 maximum final fee, se he says total of $375 noy including extra's like Bold listing, extra photo's ... anyway it looks like it wouldnt be more than $400 which would be ok, but then the worry starts about the scams...

I think I will try Craigs first in a few key cities and see what happens.

Thanks my friend

I bought my busa off a guy on Ebay. it was a 10 day auction and I had a friend that lived close to the seller and the seller let him check it out for me. We (myself and the seller) had great communication the entire time. When I won the aution (for $6k) I sent him a $500 deposit (per his request in the description) and myself and a friend drove there to pick it up and I gave him the rest.

Kento ill have to check as I don't pay the bill the back office does.
But if you read fees, first section it says flat $125 for anything over 2k and no other fees are incurred.

The amount of the successful listing fee depends on the final bid amount, as shown in the tables below. For listings ending with Buy It Now, the final bid amount is the Buy It Now price. For listings ending with acceptance of a Best Offer, the final bid amount is the Best Offer price.

There's no additional fee charged on the actual sale of the car after the vehicle sells. However, you'll be charged a successful listing fee regardless of whether you carry out the sale with the buyer.

10% non refundable deposit within 24 hours, remainder due within 72 hours if shipping vehicle. If buyer taking delivery in person remainder due in cash or certified check at time of pickup and must be verified by bank before vehicle being released. Vehicle must be picked up within 10 days unless special arrangements are made in advance of purchase in that case buyer must have paid remaining balance in advance. If vehicle is being shipped buyer responsible for all shipping including prep, arrangements and fees and seller assumes no responsibility for condition of vehicle.

Sorry ive done this a few times and thats the only way to do it without being burnt, always verify the funds and do not have them send you the money over paypal as the fees will kill you.

Back