This is Carrie Pauls GF

UUBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Paul (uubusa) wrecked yesterday in Warrenton. I'm sure he'll be mad that I posted this but I dont care, I thought you all should know. I dont know the details of the accident, other than he was on the exit ramp and was too close to the white line. The bike slid out and he high sided. He had his leathers on but no jacket.
I got a phone call from him around 12:30 yesterday afternoon and rushed down to be with him. His femur bone near his hip was broken as well as his colar bone. (both on the left side, thats where he landed)
They took him to surgery around 5:30 to put a rod in his thigh. He finally came upstairs around 11:30 nice and doped up so there wasnt much talking....I just let him sleep.
This morning they made him get up and take a few steps with a walker...that was pretty rough so he got back in to bed which took a good 20 min.
There are 2 or 3 scrapes on his back...nothing too bad as far as road rash.
He seems to be doing OK...I'm home for a little bit to shower and get him a few things to wear. We arent sure what day he'll be coming home, but Im guessing Wednesday.

The good news out of this whole thing....the bike is ok.

I wont be around a computer much today but my cell number is 703-906-9996 , in case any one wants to call.

*Carrie*

Give him my best wishes for his recovery. I am glad it was no worse than it was.

Just glad it wasn't any worse....he'll be ridin before long.

Here's to a speedy recovery!
smile.gif

Good thoughts and prayers heading his way. Tell him to listen to the doc's and get well fast.

Thanks for posting Carrie. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, but at the same time very relieved to hear that Paul is recovering and doing well. My family will be praying for both of you as you go through the healing process. What hospital is Paul in? Is he up for visitors?

Warren

He has a good sense of humor about the whole thing and even joked about riding the bike home!! Thats my baby!
I will definatly let him know you are all thinking about him.

Sorry to hear the bad news
sad.gif
hope he has a speedy and complete recovery.

Glad he made it out (relatively) ok. Get better soon + get back on the bike!

He is at Faquier (sp?) Hospital right in Warrenton. I just talked to Warbrown and he going later to see him. I'll be there later this agternoon..

glad he's still got all his digits together... mostly.. haha

just think of the fun he can have at airport security now..

-bong- "Sir please empty your pockets."
-bong- "Alright then sir,, you wanna play rough? "

"Jed, get me the rubber gloves, and a flashlight he's concealing something!"

"Alrighty son, drop trow. . ."

"Och!"

Sorry to hear he went down but GLAD to hear he's already UP! Hope he gets better REALLY soon!

I just got back from visiting with Paul and he seems to be doing really well. He's got a few painful PT sessions ahead of him, but his attitude and outlook are positive, so that should help a lot. Hopefully the next few days of watching Oprah and The View won't change that. He's already itching to get out, get healed quick, and get back in the saddle. He said he's still going to try and make the VA ride on the 16th even though it'll have to be in a cage.
sad.gif

Here's to a speedy recovery...
beerchug.gif

Back