thinking of selling the 04

the bigpunn

Registered
dont need any lectures. i got my 04 late last year and should of did a reality check in the first place. it was my second bike. i suppose when i started looking i was dreaming of the good ol days....riding all day with friends and so fourth. the fact is, in two years time all my buds have moved away, married and no longer ride or some just had other financial obligations and sold their bikes. the fact is, in a year my 04 has basically collected dust. i managed to put an amazing 230miles on it. with kids, a demanding job, friends that no longer ride, and now we are thinking or relocating....the busa doesnt fit in right now. anyway, i havent totally made my mind but was researching asking prices. i need $9500.00. its the blu/silver, 230miles, two year extended warranty, and stock. is $9500 firm fair?

full retail book it is 9400 so you may get lucky and find a buyer at that price-- it depends on how fast you want to turn it around. I'm guessing it will unload at 9k.

You should be able to get around 10K for the bike, heck, guys are asking 9K for the 99-00 model year busa's so your $9500 asking price is good.
If you Ebay or cycletrader it, get ready for all the low ball bidders thinking you'll sell it for $2500 or something.

With the expected overhaul for '05 your '04 will drop in value...low mileage will be helpful in unloading the bike but I think it's going to be tough to get $9,500...I tend to believe
$8,500 might be more realistic...
Ride safe...

GM, 10K? For a stock '00 they are on crack.

It comes down to this-- If you were going to buy a bike and have the choice of a brand spanking new machine from the dealer for lets say 9750 or a second hand '04 with very low miles for 9500, which would u choose? It's a no brainer. The only way your going to unload is for a price that offers a decent savings off new.

keep it. You may not be able to ride right now, but that just means that you have time for some mods. When you are able to ride again then you won't end up kicking yourself in the nut's for selling this way. All up to you my friend

bigpunn it all depends upon what kinda prices your area is supporting for new and used Busa's. If you sell it local your local market will kinda decide your price. If new ones there are going for 10,300-500 then your price sounds fine. If your in an area with those killer sub 10,000 prices then you'll have to lower your price some. In our area the new prices are hovering around the 10.5 or so mark, and theres a 2004 LE Busa with 2000 miles on in the paper for 9500. I would think you could get somewhere close to that for it if the markets good. Although if its paid for I would keep it.....you're gonna wanna ride again someday I guarantee it...and there's a none better all-round bike to enjoy than a Busa  
tounge.gif

Back