Thinking of iphone

NoFearSpear

Stop Looking!
Donating Member
Registered
Have a Blackberry now ,but thinking of getting an iphone,already have Att,so the data plan is only 20.00pm ,all you can eat.
What do ya thinks?

My sister has one and thinks it is some kind of magic box... I do not even send text so my razr works fine for me
smile.gif

I have a iphone and a blackberry pearl. The iphone puts the world at the palm of your hands and puts a soundtrack to it
bowdown.gif
. You can listen to music while surfing the web and a bunch of other stuff. I live by it! Its not so good on the business end. Things like the calculator is only the most basic adding instruiment... Also no voice commands.

Id go to the store and get one now if i where you. I havent touched my pearl in months. Dont buy the clear acrylic case!!! It comes apart and your perrty phone will be splattered all over the concrete.

No video camera either.. I ask mysely why everyday. 8gb hard drive, internet video, ipod video, but no video camera!
guns.gif

And no stereo via bluetooth. That was the deal breaker for me. How can you make a "music phone" and not support stereo bluetooth?

It has a camera... if it supports taking videos or not i dont know. I played with one in the store back when it first came out and loved it. Then the sticker shock hit me and i put it down and left. I know a guy that has one. He says they scratch real easy like the ipods do. He bought some of that clear 3m stuff that is like thick clear plastic wrap, is protects it from the scratches and isnt sticky so it doesnt leave any gummy stuff behind when you remove it.

I've gotta admit I don't know too much about them. I'm just worried about all the phone addicts that talk while driving. Does it mean that now they'll watch videos or look at pics while driving?
rock.gif
?

I have a Verizon XV-6700 with windows mobile, this is the bomb!!!!

I-phone while it looks nice and purdy, sucks.
No push mail, no XM radio, no Sirius radio! all the things I use on my phone (this is what I have heard on the geeks forum)
The worst part is when the phone is a year old and the battery no longer holds a charge like it use to, You have to send it back to mfg. with a $100.00 check for them to replace the battery (not covered under insurance)

Look into the Treo 755P. It has everything plus an sd card that you can add memory. I'm using a 2g card now and never run out of room. Go on line and chek one out. Its even touch screen. One of my co-workers have the Iphone and its nice to say you have one but my fone is much better.

I have one so will be happy to answer ?'s.

To say that the iPhone sucks is laughable. The iPhone has a few draw backs,.. so it is not for everyone. Business type users won't be too interested until more software is developed for it. Yes, the battery is built in, so will be more expensive to replace. No 3g evdo network yet, so no push mail, nor tv, or radio. In anycase this is a landmark piece of technology, incredible interface and the best display available,... it will only get better....

Starting in Feb Apple will release an SDK (they will open up the OS for 3rd party development), so much more software is on the horizon.

The next version may use AT&T's evdo network (3g), it currently uses EDGE for data which gets about 200kb/sec. This is fast enough for me,.. I typically just read the news and forums, and this is fast enough to begin reading a web page in 10sec with a complete web page loaded in 20-30sec. Of course the phone supports WiFi and so is as fast as that connection if available. The iPhone displays the internet exactly as you see it on your home computer with the few exceptions below. Most phones display WAP pages, not a true web layout.

Currently the iPhone web browser does not support Flash, nor java, although it does support javascript (different from java). This is likely to be supported in future software updates.

The screen is 3.5in 160 dpi and looks very good for movies and video, and the internet. The iPhone display and touch interface is superior. It has 8gb on board but lacks an MicroSD slot. Since it interfaces easily with iTunes on your computer, you can update it as needed.

It has built-in an iPod, GoogleMaps (same as internet version with satellite, with push-pin yellow pages search, and traffic indicators!), and YouTube, etc, as well.

Surfing the Internet,....
iPhoneA.jpg

Watching Isle Of Mann TT races....
iPhoneB.jpg

Thats what im talking about...Surf the web,ipod,and a phone,,all for only 20.00 more on my ATT plan,,,wifes paying for the phone,lol.

I have one so will be happy to answer ?'s.

To say that the iPhone sucks is laughable. The iPhone has a few draw backs,.. so it is not for everyone. Business type users won't be too interested until more software is developed for it. Yes, the battery is built in, so will be more expensive to replace. No 3g evdo network yet, so no push mail, nor tv, or radio. In anycase this is a landmark piece of technology, incredible interface and the best display available,... it will only get better....

Starting in Feb Apple will release an SDK (they will open up the OS for 3rd party development), so much more software is on the horizon.

The next version may use AT&T's evdo network (3g), it currently uses EDGE for data which gets about 200kb/sec. This is fast enough for me,.. I typically just read the news and forums, and this is fast enough to begin reading a web page in 10sec with a complete web page loaded in 20-30sec. Of course the phone supports WiFi and so is as fast as that connection if available. The iPhone displays the internet exactly as you see it on your home computer with the few exceptions below. Most phones display WAP pages, not a true web layout.

Currently the iPhone web browser does not support Flash, nor java, although it does support javascript (different from java). This is likely to be supported in future software updates.

The screen is 3.5in 160 dpi and looks very good for movies and video, and the internet. The iPhone display and touch interface is superior. It has 8gb on board but lacks an MicroSD slot. Since it interfaces easily with iTunes on your computer, you can update it as needed.

It has built-in an iPod, GoogleMaps (same as internet version with satellite, with push-pin yellow pages search, and traffic indicators!), and YouTube, etc, as well.

Surfing the Internet,....
iPhoneA.jpg

Watching Isle Of Mann TT races....
iPhoneB.jpg
+100
I love my I phone, it's a great phone. couple of small things that I would like, but not enought to not buy the phone agian

No security on it. DEALBREAKER!

--Wag--
Hey, Wag--tell us more, since I was thinking about one, and just looked at it today.
Oh, out of 3.4 MILLION hits on Google, might as well start with this one.

Google Search right here.

The REAL deal killer is that Apple refuses to comment on the flaws in any way, shape or form AND presumably is not doing anything about the problems.

How arrogant can you be? When you have a flawed product, do a recall, send out a fix, whatever. The thing has been out now for how many months and there is no patch for it yet? Gimme a break.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten-meter cattle prod.

--Wag--

Yea i love mine also. There is actually other phones like the iphone out there but they run up wards of 1k. I have had times on my bike lost somewhere in the world where i wish the iphone had gps though. I aint trading it till the v2 comes out. Pull your iphone out and women comma-runnin from miles around. The start to talk about it and its not long before numbers are exchanged.
cool.gif

I just have no need to pay that kind of money on a phone not when I have access to a laptop or desktop all day long and as far as music goes I like listening to the sweet music that the Busa engine makes when I ride.

this one.

Google Search right here.

The REAL deal killer is that Apple refuses to comment on the flaws in any way, shape or form AND presumably is not doing anything about the problems.

How arrogant can you be? When you have a flawed product, do a recall, send out a fix, whatever. The thing has been out now for how many months and there is no patch for it yet? Gimme a break.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten-meter cattle prod.

--Wag--
The security issues you are referring to have been fixed in the latest update. I got one because I was wanted to get an iPod video, the iphone is close in price with tons-o-more features so the decision was easy since I was w/ AT&T anyways. I like it! The picture below is from my iphone.

busa_001.JPG

Back