Thinking about buying but...

Hello All,

My only concerns are I was messing with the MPG readout and it said 19.4, thats not good.

Just a thought but do the US bikes have metric as well as imperial. When mine displays a mileage of 19.4 it would be 19.4 kms per liter which is about 55 miles per US gallon.

Sounds like the shift forks are bent somewhat and the dogs on the gears are rounded. It's an easy fix of sending the trans to get hard welded and undercut. The main issue is if you can do it yourself or not. At a shop it's a $2K fix, yourself it's a $600 fix. Either way the engine has to come out.

I agree with dadofthrees first reply.
My first machine was an `03 and the best mpg I can recall was 54.? and that was extremely challenging to do :laugh:
Like others said, the price does seem a little steep..but if you are sure of its original condition and it`s what you want go for it.(offer $5k)
Just a thought, Even with a few times down the track an original rear tire could be on the bike.???
Best of luck, and :welcome:

Check out my '03 for sale in the classified section, I just put her up today... Beautiful babied LE, excellent price!

Back