Motul 300 V oil

2hip

Registered
Still in sticker shock at just how expensive good synthetic motor oils are. 64 dollars just for 4 quarts. I was using Royal Purple, which isn't that expensive.
So here is my question for the mechanics/gear heads...How many miles between oil changes for hard riding...but not race/track applications? The guy there said in Europe they say 15K miles between changes. I can't imagine doing that to a motorcyle engine...he said in America they recommend every 5-6K...but he said personally he changes his every 3K...

Waddya think?

Its been proven time and time again that 3k mile oil changes with full syn is a complete waste of oil and money. The whole 3000 mile thing is a money-making ploy. All my vehicle owners manuals, INCLUDING my bikes, recommend 7500 mile oil changes with REGULAR oil. So full syn would have NO problem going at least that long, and has been proven to be able to go much longer. I change the full syn in my cars and bikes every 5-6k, sometimes longer if I'm short on time. But I would have no problem extending my changes even longer with the Mobil I'm using :thumbsup:

i've used Motul for thousands of miles and it has worked great...i usually change it around 6000 miles :beerchug:

I heard you can double your mileage using a synthetic oil. I just have a hard time waiting that long. I do mine every 5-6k using Amsoil.

They do say if you choose to use the double your mileage schedule, make sure you still change your oil filter at the OEM regular scheduled intervals.

I just like to see clean oil in my sight glass. It's a mental thing I guess.

What do I think? I think I`m going to stick with a conventional oil and change it out more frequently.
I use a synthetic and a synthetic blend in a couple vehicles, only for the cold weather advantages....not going to be on my bike at minus 50 degrees windchill:laugh:

So here is my question for the mechanics/gear heads...How many miles between oil changes for hard riding...but not race/track applications?
Waddya think?

Assuming it's the 300V 4T, first round it's going to have alot of residual previous oil it so, 6 months - 4k miles max is a guess.

I like to choose an oil and stick with it. Then it's on it's own chemistry and a guy can really get more of a moneys worth . I always talk perfect world though. The internet is always a tough place to talk oils - applications ect.

You can safely extend your oil changes with Mobil 4T or Amsoil. I use Amsoil now and change at 5000. I don't go super long because I have no faith in the motorcycle oil filters at all. I think they are more cosmetic than anything else. Changing the oil gets all of the suspended gunk out of the motor. Using a cheap oil and changing it at 3000 does the same thing, it keeps fresh oil in the motor and all of the crap is drained out.

Really ANY regular oil maintenance will make the engine last a long time. I see bikes on the street that I swear have not had the chain cleaned in 4 years or the oil changed. They look downright nasty!

I use Motul 300V, change it (and the filter) every 4000 miles.
Expensive oil.. yes. But, I base how well an oil works for me, by how slick it makes the 'ol Gen 1 dump truck shift. I've used several other brands, some worked better than others, but none close to as well as the 300V.
Now we'll see if the guy who tried to say in another oil thread, that I just forgot how to shift while I was using the other oils, shows up.:laugh:

My Toyota manual says 10k for synthetic oil. I change the busa around 5k usually. or once a year, whichever comes first. At this time I dont do many long trips so I dont get to put tons of miles on the busa. Doesnt help that everything is withing 15-20 miles of me so she never gets many miles :laugh:

Back